My Samsung Galaxy S5 turned off and won't turn on again. Why?

dtjog

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I was just playing a game, the phone got hot and turned off. I let it cool, it wouldn't turn on again. I noticed the blue light in the upper left stayed on and the phone was pulsing/vibrating a bit. I have been charging the phone for the last hour thinking that might be the issue. No. The blue light is still on. I tried removing the battery and SD card for 10 seconds before retrying to boot my phone. Nothing abut blue light and some pulses from time to time. Please help if you can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Perhaps the battery failed. Can you try a new or different battery?

MizzJ78

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
My phone just did the same thing except that I don't see any lights when I have it plugged in...It's not registering anything and when I hit the power button and the power button and home button I get nothing no vibrations or anything.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The S5 and most new design phones will slow the CPU when it gets too hot.
Carried to extremes, it will just shut down completely until the phone gets back to normal operating temperature.

I would just leave the battery out, toss the phone & battery in the fridge for a half hour, maybe less....

when it gets cool again, it should be fine.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not the fridge, just a cool spot. (Put a hot motherboard in the fridge and things will start to crack. Components are plastic, not Pyrex.) But if it got too hot before shutting down, something on the motherboard could have gone bad. (And it shouldn't have gotten hot in the first place.)

It's under replacement warranty. If an hour of cooling off doesn't fix it, bring it back for a repair or replacement.

Dilena Diamond

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
There are no lights no vibration. I have tried plugging the charger in. Absolutely nothing. It did not fall or get wet. I sent a whatsapp message put the phone down and went to shower. When I came back this is how the phone was. Help please. oh and i have tried hard reset. still nothing. Was anyone able to find a solution for something like this?

gs-computers

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I too am having this problem and any help would be much appreciated.

I looked at my phone in the morning at 7:30am and was fine, 2 hours later came back to it and it was off but I noticed that it wasn't even accepting the charge, changed the battery and wouldn't turn on, another battery and still nothing. Any help would be great?

Thanks

GSC

lackofcouture

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue. Phone was working fine this morning. Plugged it into my car charger for about 30 min as I went for a drive. When I unplugged it I noticed it was hot, like it shouldn't be that hot, and the screen wasn't working and hasn't since. Took the battery out and turned it back on a few times. There's a blue light flashing as if I have a notification waiting for me, otherwise the screen remains black. So upset, I've barely had this phone over a month now. It's never been dropped, was practically mint except for this. Please help!!!

RJShelton64

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Try holding down the power key, home button, and volume down for 30-45 seconds. This is what you do when you want to download a custom OS. After that, use the volume rocker to go down to "Cancel (restart phone). This is what I did and it worked fine after that. Good luck!

Husani

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I need help with the Galaxy S5 , he just does not care anymore, try this tutorial however it does not go into download mode or recovery mode, the battery retreat and then reinsiro the battery in the device, to secure VOL up / down + HOME + POWER the device responds with a small vibration and weak and then nothing happens , in some cases turns on the blue light LED notifications but the screen is off, someone had this same problem and could help me , please !!! !!

snowdancer55

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you RJShelton64, worked for me as well. Is this an ongoing issue with this phone and the 5.1 upgrade or should it go away after resetting the phone? I just bought this phone and I'm wondering if it's going to be stable. Thanks.

Robert Ponist

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
You my dear sir are a national treasure!

Once it wouldn't turn on I felt this crushing sense of loneliness and isolation. All I could hear was Homer Simpson yelling "I'm ALONE! I'm a lonely, insignificant speck on a has-been planet orbited by a cold and distant sun!!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos