Why i can't connect my galaxy s5 to my smart TV sony bravia KDL- 50W805B hrough screen mirroring?

maria 30fyllou

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy S5 and a Sony Bravia TV KDL - 50W805B. After an upgrade to my mobile I can't connect them through screen mirroring. The s5 can find the BRAVIA TV but the answer is "failure to connect". Any help?

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy S5 and a Sony Bravia TV KDL - 50W805B. After an upgrade to my mobile I can't connect them through screen mirroring. The s5 can find the BRAVIA TV but the answer is "failure to connect". Any help?

Same I have this problem with this tv only smartv my friend have and have this problem anyone help us please

SM-G900H

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
What? I'm just suggesting a chromecast because it's cheap and probably will do whatever you want to do with the TV better. But that's just. U opinion

Posted via the Android Central App

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Were you able to connect previous to the mobile update? I have a Samsung TV and my S5 and they connect fine but I believe I may have had to install the Samsung Link app, not sure. Have you checked the Sony menu system to ensure that the screen mirroring feature is enabled? Maybe you have to switch the TV to a different source for the screen mirroring to work?

Also with the mobile update what version is it on now? Did you upgrade to Lollipop?

Sam Roach

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
i to have just bought a sony bravia kdl55w829b and have a samsung s5 ... after lots of trying i have failed miserably to get the screen mirroring , the quick answer is samsung phones and sony tvs are not compatable for screen mirroring which had i known befor buying would have swayed me to buy a samsung tv ... you can mirror your phone to a sony tv with a google chromecast though which is how i overcome my problem , doing it that way i was able to to see everything i saw on my phone screen for the cost of £30 for the chromecast dongle plugged into a spare hdmi slot ... the other option that works just aswell and cheaper is a miracast dongle that can be bought for approx £10 to £20 off ebay ... hope this helps you guys

Sam Roach

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
i to have just bought a sony bravia kdl55w829b and have a samsung s5 ... after lots of trying i have failed miserably to get the screen mirroring , the quick answer is samsung phones and sony tvs are not compatable for screen mirroring which had i known befor buying would have swayed me to buy a samsung tv ... you can mirror your phone to a sony tv with a google chromecast though which is how i overcome my problem , doing it that way i was able to to see everything i saw on my phone screen for the cost of £30 for the chromecast dongle plugged into a spare hdmi slot ... the other option that works just aswell and cheaper is a miracast dongle that can be bought for approx £10 to £20 off ebay ... hope this helps you guys

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It works fine with the S4 but not with the S5

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

ausworkshop

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep same here. Worked fine with my Sony Bravia and S3. I just got my S5 and it no longer works even tho the S5 sees the TV. This really sucks. I've upgraded yet again to something worse than the old. Why do they continually stuff up these basic things that used to work and now with a much more powerful phone it just can't work. I can't find any help with it either. It was a feature I had got used to using with my S3 and now I'm going backwards after the upgrade to the S5. Very disappointed!

gouldydj

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I got my bravia in September and S5 worked great. Then the phone done a firmware update. As soon as that happened I could no longer mirror. I don't know if this is Android or Samsung but that is where the problem lies. I got my son an S5 in October and his works fine. Just blocked auto updates. However he now needs to do update ad some of his apps don't work anymore. May be worth an email to Samsung first . .

omar salazar1

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hold on to the bravia link on your S5 for a few seconds and a pin # will pop up on your tv screen. Enter the pin on your S5 and you should be able to mirror your phone. Good luck.

Andrew White s5

May 2, 2015
Visit site

I have just bought a Samsung galaxy s5 and i can't use screen mirroring with my sony tv either but am sure its not the tv as my galaxy s3 worked fine on the same tv. the problem must be the s5 phone. When I try it says on my phone there is a hardware isue? Someone please help as am missing this feature big time!