call recording app

kokolino23

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I'm looking for an app who can record both sides on my GS5, please.
Also, I need to be able to record VoIP calls made from my phone using apps like bria or sipdroid.
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the VoIP stuff but I have ACR (automatic call recorder). You can get it in the Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr
I love it! My husband recently put me in charge of dealing with the designers and decorators he works with. They kept him on the phone (calls and texts) so much he wasn't getting any work done. There's a lot of detail to remember when they call and I knew I wouldn't always be around a pen and paper so I went on the search for a call recorder. The play back quality is excellent. The free version has worked just fine for my needs. This little jewel of an app saved the day today! I typed my Christmas grocery list in Evernote (on the desktop). Drove 30 minutes to the nearest WM, whipped out my phone and opened Evernote....my list wasn't there! :eek: The subject name was there but not the list. Called my husband to have him read the list to me (Evernote was still open so it should have synced with my phone). He was going to have to stay on the line while I shopped but then I remembered the ACR was recording our conversation. YAY! :) It has one flaw but that might be unavoidable. When I get in my car and my phone automatically connects the car's BT, ACR is disabled. As soon as I'm out of range of the car, it re-enables it's self. I'd give it 4.75 stars. Sooner or later I'm going to take a call while in the car and need to be able to record the details I'm given. I guess I could always tell them to send it in a text message or call back and leave a voice message. I've noticed a slight hit to my battery but it's really not even worth mentioning.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a recorder that would record both sides of the conversation.

The BT issue (not recording it) might be hard to make work. The reason being is that the audio path is diverted away from the phone's internal audio components to the BT circuitry.

I normally always use a BT headset for conversations that will last more than a minute or two, so am wondering IF the conversation starts out in BT mode, will this ACR app record it?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Got it downloaded, in the Options feature set, I note that "Record on bluetooth" is available.

Nice, now to try it out.

Sigh................

it did not record my Bluetooth calls. darn it.

Wonder if it will provided you upgrade to the $$ paid version?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: just found out that the playback volume on ACR is independent of the overall phone's volume control.

I pressed vol up and it did indeed record my Bluetooth test call to my 2nd phone, both ways and the audio is perfect.

ah, now that is worth giving a donation to the developer..........

kokolino23

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I've tried ACR but only records my side ?! I can't hear the other party. I don't mind paying for it but at least if it's working properly.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've tried ACR but only records my side ?! I can't hear the other party. I don't mind paying for it but at least if it's working properly.

Were you using BT at the time?

I tried it both ways and it recorded my test conversations.

I have left it enabled and I want to see how it does over the next few telco calls.
I can't tell you how many times I have been in discussions with business folks and needed to review what they said to be sure I heard them right.

I am Verizon also just like Monica is. I can't imagine though why the carrier would effect the ACR app. It should all be internal to the phone.

Hints: Turn off voice cancellation or that "noise thing", can't think of the right term just now. That fouls up a lot of stuff including BT headset use and especially using speakerphone. Noise cancellation really fouls that up.

buxz777

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know an app that gives you the option to record when a call comes in?? kind of like when you install a custom rom with call recording enabled? I don't want every call recorded and then to have to manage what to keep etc but if work rings or something like my network operator offering me the deal of the century it would be great to be able to hit the record button and record the call as and when I want ;-)

thanks for any tips

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know an app that gives you the option to record when a call comes in?? kind of like when you install a custom rom with call recording enabled? I don't want every call recorded and then to have to manage what to keep etc but if work rings or something like my network operator offering me the deal of the century it would be great to be able to hit the record button and record the call as and when I want ;-)

thanks for any tips

Easy, just keep the ACR app on your home screen, bring it up and Enable it.

I have not tried to do that AFTER a call is in progress, but I should think it would be smart enough to realize that it should start recording.

buxz777

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tip , I was kind of hoping there was an app that pops up when a call either comes in or goes out and asks if you wish to record or not ;-) your was is a defo work around but it would be great if there was another option , its a shame you have to install a custom rom to get the Samsung call recording toggle in the call menu ;-) an option in settings depending on region would be awesome ;-)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When I was looking for a call recorder, that's what I was looking for. I thought I saw some on the Play Store. I tried this one since it was so highly rated and like it. The option to record or not would be nice but it's not a deal breaker for me. Now if this app could give you that option in the paid version, I'd buy it :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When I was looking for a call recorder, that's what I was looking for. I thought I saw some on the Play Store. I tried this one since it was so highly rated and like it. The option to record or not would be nice but it's not a deal breaker for me. Now if this app could give you that option in the paid version, I'd buy it :)

I just enabled this. Thanks!
BTW, I have the BT feature enabled too. My conversation in the car did not record. The line thru the phone icon for ACR was gone in the car but the conversation didn't record. That's ok. Not a deal breaker.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
ACR does give you an option to record after the call comes in. It's included in the payed version. Turn on manual recording in settings. Then there is a button that pops up in your dialer screen when on a call.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I have it just like I want it now. Even tho I originally went looking a few weeks ago for a recording app that let me choose if I wanted to record or not, I think I like this better now that I have the option to choose whether or not to save it. I'm glad it fits your needs kokolino. What about the VoIP part?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If the paid version actually works right, then I may reinstall it.

i took it off when it started acting funky and missed several calls in a row.
i really need a call recorder

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with it. Did your phone just not ring on your end, your caller couldn't hear the ring, you connected but one of you couldn't hear the other, or what? Are you using the default dialer?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The phone didn't miss any calls, ACR just simply did not record audio on the phone calls.

it says it did, but on playback, there is no audio.

I'm on Christmas vacation and not going to work with it again until I get home in january.

kokolino23

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I've got the paid version of Automatic Call Recorder and works as a treat.
However, doesn't record VoIP / SIP calls regardless what settings I've tried so far.
Can I ask if you came across this, please?
Or do you know another app who can do that? Maybe a sort of Skype voice recording would do the trick...
Cheers