Battery life vs other s5

l33th4ll

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi both me and my mum have got a s5 question is the battery life

when i look at her phone she can get 3/4 days of battery life yet i struggle with 2

at night i put my phone in ultra power saving mode, i run it on nova this morning i look and i have got 16% battery while she has 40% and has had over a day more usage than mine, mum uses touch wiz has power sapping apps like Facebook installed never uses ultra power saving and has used screen about 30 mins less than mine.

The only thing i can think of is i use wireless charging could this be a cause?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-21-07-53-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-07-53-54.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 32

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are many factors that can contribute, so it's difficult to tell just from what you describe. There can be variability due to specific app behavior, usage patterns, screen brightness, and cell signal strength, among other things.

It would help to see more of your battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The wireless charger has nothing to do with battery life, so nix that idea.

Make sure that on your phone, you don't have any apps that are active when you are not using the phone.

My personal choice was to install MacroDroid and let it turn off the WiFi and Data radios when the screen is locked.

MacroDroid senses when I unlock the screen and it turns WiFi and Data on again.

That will prevent any app from "calling home to mama" and using up your battery.

I get 3 or 4 days between charges if using it lightly.

If I use it heavy, about 2 days,
very heavy just one day but this would be keeping it in use nearly all day long.

Here are some links for you.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

* MacroDroid Internet on/off as needed

* MacroDroid how to post by AZgl1500

* MacroDroid to stop screen unlocking in your pocket

* MacroDroid, setting it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol