Is there an app to help clean up my contacts (S5)?

Allan R

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Contacts help W new s5

My contacts are a mess now that I've imported and synced them

I now Have:
Phone memory:10,100 contacts
Exchange active sync. 42,150 contacts (this is the one with the most dups etc)
YouMail 9474 contacts

This is obviously filled with duplicates and multiple entries for the same contact. I've looked for a few apps like contacts optimizer but the max it will do is 4000.
Suggestions?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Contacts help W new s5

when I first activated my phone, I had a mess like that, but no where as enormous as what you experienced.

I deleted all of the accounts on the phone, deleted the Contacts List entirely.
then I reactivated Verizon's Backup Assistant and it restored my contact list just like it is supposed to be.

Never again, will I allow contacts to be sync'd across accounts.
I will not share them with Google, nor anyone else except for Verizon's servers.

I make periodic backups with Super Backup and then send that .vcf file to my email address and store it in a special folder on Yahoo's email server. I also put a copy of it on my PC.

So, I have 3 copies, that should be good enough.

I suggest that you first do as I mentioned above. Unlink all of your accounts, delete the entire contact list, and then restore it from your carrier's backup, or a local copy if you have one.

Then tread lightly before you allow the outside world to have access to your phone.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts help W new s5

I don't know what is causing the duplicates, have the same problem. Even cleaned and merged contacts in both Gmail on pc and in my phone but as soon as I get a new phone or reset an old one, the duplicates reappear....

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2