Browser issue help please

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I hope you guys and girls can help me. When I open the native browser on my S5, it will randomly open to some website with a big android guy telling me I have an update. The address in the bar is either m.lo-mall.com/Amazon/us or ads.lo-mall.com/ followed by a big string of letters and symbols. I have Googled until my fingers are sore and can't find a way to get rid of this. I've tried AVG, Lookout, Malware Bytes, AdDetector and a few others and nothing is ever found. I haven't seen it happen when I boot into safe mode but since it's random when it happens, who knows. When I clear all the browser's privacy settings, history, etc and reset the phone it seems to work for a day or 2 and then it's back.

Also, and I'm not if this is related or not, when I try to open Chrome it will randomly open into the native browser instead, usually to one of the above addresses.

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is probably some app that you installed. If it started recently , I would uninstall the recent apps.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Brody Avalon

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll chime in as well. Yesterday I was playing on the Note and a window popped up asking me to select the defaul app to handle something. I wasn't paying attention so I clicked "Dolphin" as I was in the web brower at the time.

Now, randomly, Dolphin browser will open a new tab and take me to Amazon. The page is always the same. Something about buying an Iphone 6 that is unlocked.

I can close that page, restart the browser and it will take me right back to that page. I've reset brower setting to default and uninstalled/reinstalled the browser.

Often, when I click on the Dolphin shortcut in the dock it will open the stock browser. Nutty!

I second uninstalling anything recently installed. I'm waiting for it to do it again and then uninstall the 2 things I recently added:

BSPlayer Free
Intellicast

Brody

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I went thru this issue a few months back. In a fit of "where are my eyeglasses" I clicked on something and installed a game I did not want... I never play any kind of game, period.

After that, my phone would get a random overlay screen wanting to sell me a game.

I did everything that anyone suggested, but the only thing that got rid of it was a Factory Reset to scratch.

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Dang, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. 'Specially since I opened up my Nexus 7 today for the first time in about 2 months, opened Chrome and there it was...my big green android buddy asking me to upgrade with that site riding the address bar.

Last edited:

Ofhappiness

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem recently but I read on another site that it was Go launcher. I'm not sure if it's the same for you but once I removed go launcher it stopped showing up.

RedFFR

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, the "Lo-Mall..." redirect page when I open the browser, big green guy inviting me to Update. Took the advice to uninstall GoLauncher, the problem went away. My guess is the developers are not behind this, but that they got hacked. The end result is the same though, so they're dead to me - for now. I do hope there will be a public explanation/apology from the GoLauncher development team as I have enjoyed using their platform since 2012 and would be happy to re-install once the garbage is taken to the curb.

ELY_M

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I do have same issue. I use Go launcher. It was my favorite launcher. I am not happy at all. I really hope it was hacked by some hackers.
but I read thru reviews and many people are not happy with this app... well, I will go with open sourced launcher.