Problems with the speaker on my phone

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my S5 for about 6 weeks now. Over the past 2 weeks I have noticed that sometimes when someone calls me, the volume in the speaker is very soft, even though the volume is turned all the way up. When this has occurred, I have put the call on speaker phone, and again, the volume is very soft, I often have a hard time hearing who ever I'm speaking with unless I have zero background noise.

Over the last week, I have had a few instances of my phone ringing, sliding the green button to answer, my phone looking like I have answered it, but I can not hear my caller. I'm not sure if they can hear me or not. I have tried turning off my phone, pulling the battery and sim card, and both of these issues have reoccurred. Any thoughts??? Any fixes?? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When this happens, can you use a wired or Bluetooth headset? Is the sound normal that way?

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if I can use a bluetooth headset as I do not have one, and I don't ever use the ear buds for calls, so I haven't tried that either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's happening on both the internal earpiece and the speaker, I'd localize it to the earphone jack or the motherboard - either of which would be covered under the warranty. You don't say who your carrier is, but in most cases the easiest solution is to have them replace the phone. (Make sure everything you don't want to lose is backed up - including data.) Since it's 6 weeks old, you'd be getting a refurb - but if you buy a phone, get to the car, then change your mind and bring it back for a different phone, it's 10 minutes "old", but still can't be sold as new, so it goes into the refurb queue. Almost all refurbs are in as good condition as new phones (except that a new one might have a small scratch ot nick overlooked in production - a refurb would have that part replaced). My current daily phone is a refurb, my wife's is the one she got new. Other than the color (and who put what on them), they can't be told apart.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a "new" S5, my wife has a "refurb" S5.

The only way we can tell them apart is to try to unlock the screens.
She uses Swipe, I use Draw a pattern.

I nearly always go for the cheaper "refurb" upgrades on my verizon plan as it is cheaper and I'm cheap cheap cheap,

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer