Need Help changing SD cards Galaxy S5

anon(9252294)

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had a galaxy S5 for several months. When I got it, I simply moved my old (2 phones ago) SD card, to keep my contacts and pics. But that SD card was only 2GB, and I want to expand.
I know how to remove, and add an SD card. What I am asking is... is there a way within the phone to move the data from the old card to the new one? How would I sync the cards. I dont want to lose the old data/apps/pics, etc.

Thanks for helping!

Geek Central

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there's a way on the phone, except to manually move it to internal storage and move it to the new card, but I think if you copied it to the new card through a computer by the same process, it would work. Just insert the new card into the phone first and format the card, to make sure it'll work with the phone.

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I plugged my new phone, with my old sd card installed, into my desktop computer. I dragged all the content from my old sd card to a folder on the desktop of my desktop computer. I then took out the old sd card and replaced it with my new one. I then plugged my new phone with my new sd card into my desktop computer, and copied all files onto it. No issues at all.

Posted via the Android Central App