Why doesn't my Samsung Galaxy S5 default/stock email app work when connected to wifi?

dzmitry2240

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
samsung galaxy S5 default/stock email app doesn't work when connected to wifi

hi.i have a problem with my galaxy S5 ATT. so im using Netgear wireless n-150 router WNR 1000,its updated,but the problem was before the update and after the update it is the same. i'm using yahoo,gmail and comcast emails.i was able to setup yahoo email without any problems,i can send and receive emails from my phone when connected to wifi and without wifi. but i wasnt able to add to that stock email app my gmail account and comcast while i was connected to my wifi.it gave me error that it wasnt able to connect to the server to verify information. so i tried to set it up on the mobile network and there was no problem. so now when i connected to wifi in my house i cant receive emails or send them using gmail and comcast email,yahoo account is working fine. i checked all the settings,i reset the router,still nothing.the funny part is if i download gmail app it is working without any problems.and if i connect to any other wireless router,all 3 emails work. also when i connect to my wifi,i'm getting internet and i'm able to open pages without any problems.so it should be some settings in the router probably ,but i have no idea what is it and i wasn't able to find anything on the internet. so if anybody knows how to fix this problem,please let me know. thank you.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy S5 default/stock email app doesn't work when connected to wifi

Can you set up a guest account in that router? If you can, do so and connect to the guest account.

If that fixes it, the update apparently caused a problem similar to the one that Linksys and D-Link are having. Since 4.4.2, I can't get anything like decent speed with a brand new Linksys, but the N300 Netgear I bought for 35 bucks works just fine. I think someone is playing with the "standards".

dzmitry2240

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy S5 default/stock email app doesn't work when connected to wifi

the problem was before i updated it.i was hoping that update will fix it,but no,after update still the same thing.and i cant setup guest account,doesnt have that option.ty.

Last edited:

Frank Kenney

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my email account, you think its the router? I just upgraded routers with verizon to a Quantum router. I also was having issues before the update and still having issues after. First it was my one email account, now it is both. It is killing my battery very quickly because it is constantly trying to content that email to the server. I am getting very frustrated with this issue it also causes my phone to vibrate randomly just for the notifications sometimes for almost 30 seconds straight. I cleared cache, forced stopped it. I wish I could delete the damn thing as I don't need 2 email apps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma