Should I get the Galaxy S5 or the HTC One M8?

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the galaxy S4 and I'm looking to get my upgrade soon.
I'm not really fussed about what comes out next year so I have narrowed it down to. Galaxy S5 or the HTC one m8.

Anyone offer any advice on which in there opinion would be better for me.

I take photos quite a lot, I play android games with MOGA etc, I browse apps and the net a hell of a lot so something fast would be great.

One question also, does the S5 come stock like the S4 and has half its memory already taken up with junk?!

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I would wait a few months, the new htc m9 and s6 and others will be out...from what I hear the htc m8 is great phone but it's heavy and little thick for my taste, i own the s5 since April and no complaints except speaker phone people can't hear me that good...if you looking for camera then s5 but the best is my iPhone 6 ..i own lot of phones from note 3 , s4 , s5, iPhone 6, 5s, s5 plan on maybe htc m9 which would be slim down when it comes out...but like I said wait few months then see ...good luck

SAMSUNG S5

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
One more thing they both speedy phones but s5 is water resistant and more features. ..camera better and Samsung trim a lot on it bloat ware that you can add back through its app store and other thing is it has a beautiful display I love and bright screen

SAMSUNG S5

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
One more thing they both speedy phones but s5 is water resistant and more features. ..camera better and Samsung trim a lot on it bloat ware that you can add back through its app store and other thing is it has a beautiful display I love and bright screen

SAMSUNG S5

I think the m8 is smoother than the s5 duo to a lighter OS. Music is great on the m8 and way better then on the s5. ( even my note 4 speakers kinds sucks )

If you browse a lot than the s5 will probably eat more battery duo to the amoled screen.

Both have they pro's and cons, choose wisely

Posted via the Android Central App

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have owned both.

M8 wins:
- Speed of navigation - it is overall just a faster phone
- External speakers - no contest here
- Premium look and feel in-hand
- Stock OS - Sense is miles ahead of TouchWiz
- Low light photos, and dual rear camera makes bokeh effects more inherent by design

Galaxy S5 wins:
- Weight (The M8 gets heavy after prolonged usage)
- Bright light photos, camera resolution
- S Health - I actually really enjoy this feature, use pedometer all the time
- Screen quality is better IMO, and usable screen space is always 100% due to off-screen buttons
- Better security features
- Charging speed is much faster with the included stock charger
- IP67 rating (waterproof 1m for 30 minutes)
- Removable battery

In the end, I kept the Galaxy S5 because of water resistance, lighter weight, camera resolution, greater availability of Samsung accessories, and removable battery.

I also HATED the camera lens scratching issue my M8 had. Infuriating. Read more about it in the forums. It is a real issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefull, you also asked this question in the M8 section as well as that is sure to influence the responses you receive. That said, the S5 is a very solid phone with some unique, yet useful features. Waterproofing is nice but comes at the cost of dealing with the flap covering the charge port. The camera is thought to be one of the very best. Period. The finger scanner does not work well enough, IMO, to be thought of as an asset. The heart-rate scanner is neat and the compatibility with Samsung's great wearables is a true asset that cannot be overstated. My favorite feature of TW is that you can EASILY change the phone's font, no root required. This is a biggy to me and one of the reasons I don't prefer stock android or phones that are close to stock (like the otherwise nice Moto X 2014).

from the IV✒

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC