Why am I not able to connect to Facebook when on wifi?

Michaelbanfield 44

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
connection problems to wifi

my S5 tell me I am connected and my speed is excellent. However cannot open new emails, FB page posts or use what us. Keep getting a message saying cannot establish connection, tap to retry.
have I got a virus?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: connection problems to wifi

You could have a router with TKIP encryption. Many phones are having a problem with TKIP since KitKat. Check your router and, if you czan, change the wifi security encryption to AES, NOT TKIP ot TKIP+AES. (All your other devices will have to connect again, but by the time you look at them they should have done it automatically. If not, delete the connection, scan and connect again. [That's for laptops and desktops too.])

Your speed to the router may be excellent, but have you used a speed test app (like Ookla) or a speed test page on the web to see what your internet speed (the speed from the WAN side of the router to the wifi side) is?

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: connection problems to wifi

Remember that the bars on the WiFi signal Al on your phone is for the signal strength not internet speed. Do a speed test. My phone wouldn't even connect once because the speed was so bad.