Why do all my phone inputs require a double tap?

Bandilero

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Help! All phone inputs require double tap

This is on a Galaxy S5

I was looking through my settings and was trying to test out a feature, forget exact feature but it either involved hitting the home button 3 times or it was holding the home and volume down buttons at the same time (I am guessing it was some combination of these two that activated my issue). I can not remember the exact feature as I was fiddling through the entire Settings menu for awhile before this happened . Regardless of the feature, I somehow managed to put my phone into a mode where everything requires a double tap to select and it has made using the phone near impossible.

When I attempt to tap something, lets say the Google toolbar for example, I get a blue box that surrounds the selected item and I get a vibration (that didnt happen before) & nothing happens. Unless I do a rapid double tap the app/icon/whatever will just become highlighted. Once I do the double tap and manage to get Google Now open, it becones impossible to input text, it seems the double tap sometimes will help select a letter, but it takes multiple attempts to even get the letter to register and by the time it does i end up with 4 of the same letter. Oddly if i just single tap a letter or tap on a blank area of my home screen, I get what feels like a quarter powered vibration. This issue extends to every input on the phone, and when I say that everything requires a double tap I do mean EVERYTHING - I had to type this message with my fiances phone because I could not even manage to type it out on my own phone. I can not even manage to bring down my notification pullbar from up top because it ALL requires a double tap!

Any ideas on how to get rid of this and revert back to normal? I would prefer if I did not have to perform a factory reset - please help!!

Thanks for any help or insight!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! All phone inputs require double tap

Welcome to the forums. Is there anything in Settings>accessibility that might help? (Just guessing...not saying it IS there)

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help! All phone inputs require double tap

It's talkback. Go to Settings->Accessibility->Vision then turn off talkback.