Mobile hot spot

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have an HP wireless printer. Right now I have been logging on to my WiFi here by changing to the printer and then be able to print Using regular in house wifi. When I want to print a web page, I have to download the web page into a application and then Convert it to a PDF. I Then can print it on the wireless printer. I read where I can do the same using the mobile hotspot. But I'm having difficulty configuring it. Have you configured the smartphone for a mobile hotspot. Thanks.

Mario Samsung S5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why do you need the mobile hotspot if you can connect directly to the printer wirelessly using the HP Print Service Plugin?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't print Web pages because the printer has to use my printer's wifi
That prevents me from printing anything from the Web. I can print anything else. My data plan is almost all used up so I need wifi. Doing that changes my wifi connection with the printer. If you need anything else from me, let me know

Mario Samsung S5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you should describe how your wi-fi network is set up, because I don't understand what you mean when you say "the printer has to use my printer's wifi."

Ideally, if your HP printer is wireless and can network wirelessly, you should be able to add the printer as an independent device on your home wi-fi network (so that it has its own local IP address). Once it's on the network, you could use the HP Print plugin, or you could also use Google Cloud Print from any device. https://support.google.com/cloudprint/?hl=en#topic=4456286

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I finally figured out that I can't do what I wanted to do about the mobile wifi. Here's what I wanted to do. My printer is wifi enabled. I use the printer wirelessly by putting the printer in the wifi menu. Ivan transfer a wifi connection from the normal position to the printer which has its own wifi address. In that mode I can print anything that's on the smartphone. While I can't do is print web pages directly. If I go to the web I need to change my wifi connection to its normal setting. Then I don't have access to the printer. So what I do is download PDFs to the smartphone, then change the wifi connection to the printer, then print. I'm trying to avoid using data which my balance is very low. Thanks for trying to help.

Mario Samsung S5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I think I understand your setup. So my previous suggestion still should work, assuming you have a home wi-fi network set up and you can add your printer to the network. You would then be accessing the printer over the wireless LAN network, rather than using a direct wi-fi connection to the printer. The easiest solution would be Google Cloud Print (see previous link above).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Mobile hot spot is not a good use for me. It wasn't designed for what I wanted to do. Thanks again for your help.

Mario Samsung S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20