Why do my messages appear and redirect to a webpage whenevr I swipe to open the homepage?

fuvlaun

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Message appears and redirects to webpage whenevr I swipe to open the homepage

Every time I have to use my Samsung galaxy S5, press the home button to restore the desktop screen and swipe to open, a message appears telling me about a battery saving app or something else then opens a webpage to buy or download an app.

I've tried CCleaner and Avast to get rid of it but they do not find anything.
I would have to press the return button several times to get back to my home-screen.

What caused this and how can I get rid of it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Message appears and redirects to webpage whenevr I swipe to open the homepage

Welcome to Android Central! It's likely some annoying adware that was installed along with some app you installed--probably a game. You could try an app like Lookout's Ad-Network Scanner & Detector, but ultimately, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Try checking out the reviews on Google Play of all the apps you've installed, and see if anyone complains about adware.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Message appears and redirects to webpage whenevr I swipe to open the homepage

I had this happen in the first week of my having my S5... all of my downloads came from the Play Store, and none of them have Reviews saying anything about adware....

I fought it for a week, and then did a Factory Reset and redid the phone from scratch.

No problems since.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

With Samsung devices, it could also be an app downloaded from the Galaxy Store as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke