How do I stop the facebook popping sound on my Samsung Galaxy S5 it is annoying?

Kathleen Daly Mahan

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
How do I stop the facebook popping sound on samsung galaxy s5 it is annoying

In very simple terms/directions How do I get the immature bubble popping sounds to stop whenever I like something on facebook. I am not 12, I don't think it is cool. I should be able to like a photo of one of my nieces or nephews' kids without annoying everyone around me with that stupid popping sound.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I stop the facebook popping sound on samsung galaxy s5 it is annoying

I heartily agree that is the most obnoxious noise on the phone.
For me, I turned off Notifications on facebook..

I am very close to just uninstalling the dern thing, it is a time waster and an invite for malware to get on your phone.

slime post up something enticing for you to follow their picture link.
Oops! you just invited them to install something on your phone.

I've had that happen once already, and I am a very cautious sort... following links is NOT my thing.

the only reason I installed facebook was to follow a couple of friends around the world and my daughter's antics.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I stop the facebook popping sound on samsung galaxy s5 it is annoying

In very simple terms/directions How do I get the immature bubble popping sounds to stop whenever I like something on facebook. I am not 12, I don't think it is cool. I should be able to like a photo of one of my nieces or nephews' kids without annoying everyone around me with that stupid popping sound.

Open Facebook - menu - App Settings - disable sounds.

I agree with you on the annoyance of the sounds. And since Facebook updates the device outside of the Play Store most often, it's hard to know when the app is updated, and what updates are made to the app.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Umm, there is no "Sounds" selection to choose from.

I can totally turn off Notifications, but that will really cripple the app.... which I just did because I only look at it to see what others have posted. I do not use it as a communications medium.

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes, "Sounds" is under the "General" settings, and there is also a "Notifications" area. So you can tailor the settings to get rid of the annoying sounds but keep the notifications you want to receive.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Yes, "Sounds" is under the "General" settings, and there is also a "Notifications" area. So you can tailor the settings to get rid of the annoying sounds but keep the notifications you want to receive.

I'm glad that FB has a Sounds setting on your phone, but on this phone, it simply don't exist.

see the screenshots.

Attachments

• FB General Settings1.jpg
    FB General Settings1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 30
  • FB General Settings2.jpg
    FB General Settings2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 30

Kathleen Daly Mahan

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like why I started. Great way to keep up with old friends, but can suck so much time out of you. I wish someone would start a boycott to stop all the additional "crap" automatically updated. I wish they would just give us the options and let us choose what we want and what we don't. Let us personalize it - let the kids keep the pops and clicks if they want them, just don't make it the same for everyone. I will try turning it off from facebook, thanks for the response!

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Interesting. This is a screen shot from my S5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-10-22-47-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-10-22-47-30.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I fixed it, I uninstalled FB and am done with it.

oh, did the same that to that ugly birdie social app too. twit twit

Last edited:

Virginia Wallage

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

I agree with you on the annoyance of the sounds. And since Facebook updates the device outside of the Play Store most often, it's hard to know when the app is updated, and what updates are made to the app.

Maggie104755

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

So, other then not using the Facebook app, is there any way to stop the sounds on your my Galaxy S5 each time a notification pops up? Under "General Settings" I have the Sounds turned off, under "Notifications" I have Wall Posts, Comments, Friend Requests, Friend Confirmations , Event invites, Application requests & Groups all turned off. But when a notification pops up my phone still makes a sound. It is driving me crazy!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

adamf663

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The sound off setting doesn't work against the incessant facebook bubblepopburp noises. Turning off all notifications from the app's settings page doesn't work either. The only way I was able to silence the burps coming from facebook was to go into lollipop's sound&notifications page and completely block all facebook notifications.