phone stays on mute

david tallman

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
hey all..

something has put my phone on mute.. i have 2 apps that i'm sure are the culprit.. they're cmsecurity and locale.. i've tried everything i can to get my ringer back.. the thing is, the notifications tells me when a text comes through.. i don't understand, i just can't figure it out.. i've uninstalled both and still the phone is on mute.. i don't understand at All.. please help me if you can..
thanks
david t.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and make sure neither of those apps still has a component installed that is acting as a Device Administrator. If you do see something there, uncheck it, then go to the App Manager to uninstall the rest of it.

Have you rebooted since uninstalling those apps? If that didn't help, then try wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
MacroDroid can force the ringer for you.

I use it to force the Ringer to Max Volume every time my phone is locked. I can't tell you how many times I have missed an incoming call because my clumsy fat fingers are always gripping the phone on the Volume Down button.

super easy to do.

Install MacroDroid => * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Now create at a minimum of this one macro.

Trigger: Screen On/Off
select Screen OFF

Action: Set Volume
Select all appropriate, but the Ringer at a minimum.​
Slide the volume dot to Max and click OK

Click OK again.
Click Right Arrow on top of screen
do it again (ignore Constraints)

Enter a Name for your new macro
Ringer MaxVol

as soon as you hit OK, it will go to the main screen.
Look at the list of macros and you will see your new macro.

okay, now hit the Power button and have a buddy call your phone.
bingo! it will ring now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz