Phone is lagging

mikecomp93

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Just recently my phone has been lagging like hell. I use clean master and clean up stuff pretty frequently but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I restart it at least twice a week and that barely does anything. I'm using Nova Launcher with some different icon packs. I was using an animated wallpaper but stopped because it was killing my battery.

Any help would be great. I'm getting pretty close to going back to the iPhone.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the phone, but it is filling up with something.

Turn it off, reboot with Volume Up and Power Button held down together.

when blue menu shows up, release, and use Vol button to navigate to Clear Cache Partition.

that most likely will fix it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Clean Master, by "cleaning RAM", slows the phone down. (That's not how Android works - it wants RAM as full as possible.) Restarting has nothing to do with speed. The launcher also doesn't affect the speed of the apps, only the speed of the launcher (some launchers run faster than others).

Make sure you have at least 500MB of free internal storage. Clear the system cache. Then clear the cache of any app that appears to be slow. (The cache allows the app to start faster, but too many apps keeping too much cached data can slow the phone, or particular apps, down.)

Also, check your battery stats and make sure you're not running lots of apps in the background.

Marco Martin

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I had that issue and actually uninstalled clean master and restarted my phone. That did the trick. Try it, if that doesn't do it you can always reinstall clean master.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple of these "cleaning" tools on my phone, but I always have the "auto clean" set to OFF! As in "never run in the background". If I decide, just because, I will run one or both and use it to clean the various caches. I don't use task killers or auto-cleaners. As Rukbat says, Android wants to have its RAM full so it can quickly move from one app to another. If an app isn't used, it gets dropped from RAM for something else. This is why Android is quick to launch apps... by removing these apps from RAM, you are actually making Android slower since it has to load everything from scratch.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you turn off s-voice and my magazine. I felt it got noticeably responsive after that when I first got S5 last year. Also reducing the animation/transition scale to 0.5x or 0 in developer mode helps a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton