White background

airmanhoward

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I have this white background since the update. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how do you fix it

d8960f909dc15d67a4e97a5b1c4b3632.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's in keeping with the Lollipop design motif. If you want to change it, you'd probably have to install a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
White is a horrible battery waster, not to mention it puts a harsh glare on my eyes.

I hope that VZW forgoes LolliFlop, I do not want it.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the Lollipop app draw background. There should be an option to have a black background. Hopefully Samsung will implement this when they rollout the update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, they're not talking about the wallpaper--they're talking about the background of the App Drawer window, or the background when you bring up any Settings menu.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are some rumours about the next lollipop update coming with a setting for a dark background. Until then the only option is a custom launcher. Not a bad option BTW :)

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
we need to have an option for changing background in app drawer white just isn't good.....other than using another launcher

4rm ecksmc

UraNg Kaler

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
brooo, its easy to change, decompile the launcher, and change text color become white #ffffffff, then recompile again. if done, extract the launcher and then change the blablabla.png with transpsrent PNG. then zip it, rename the ext .zip to .apk, then push to system/priv-app/trebuchet(or others)/here

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That guy is using some kind of launcher. I am not using any launcher at all, just native Touchwiz and my app drawer background on Lollipop is the same as it always was. My homescreen wallpaper is my app drawer background ... or rather, the app drawer background is transparent allowing my home screen wallpaper to show through.