Video Input on The S5

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible for the S5 to receive Video in? Meaning I ride a motorcycle and use my phone as Navigation, GPS, Music and have added a rear view camera, like a backup camera, so I can monitor any nuts behind me that may not see me stopped. I have an auxiliary 4.3" Monitor that has a RCA video out cable and I was wondering if I could somehow get the video to show up on the phone as well using either the mini HDMI or the Micro USB port. Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts?? Thanks.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The S5 doesn't have a video input option especially for analog RCA video. I'm not sure there is anything you can do with your phone at this point in terms of the video. You would need a video camera that has a specific app which works with a smartphone. I have a digital camera like this. It creates its own wi-fi network that my S5 connects to, I then open the camera's app. The only thing is that there is a delay between the camera and my phone so it's not perfect. That's just for a consumer grade digital camera though.

Can you mount a small (3-4") display onto your motorcycle? It would be nice to use your smartphone but it's not going to be possible without some kind of special setup (if one exists).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech