Trick to opening emails?

celtica88

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with opening emails on my S5. I must not have the right "touch" or "tapping" technique. Is it a single or double touch or tap to open an email? Sometimes single works.....sometimes double. Sometimes nothing and I just keep trying with multiple taps. Or is it a long press? Very frustrating.coming from an iPhone and one touch did it. :) thanks for any tips.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. It's just one tap to open, unless you're tapping on a flag or check mark. Double tapping (if done quickly enough) works too because it's actually the first tap being registered. Do you have any screen protector that might be interfering with the touch input? Does the same happen with other apps such as GMail?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you new to smartphones? Do the other apps open with no problems? All my apps just take one quick tap. My mother got her first smart phone (S5) in Nov. She has a hard time using "just the right" touch. Sometimes it works for her, sometimes it doesn't. It's not the phone because I can tap on an app and open it the first try. She tends to press too long which brings up the option to create a folder or remove. When she lifts her finger, the screen goes back to normal. For me, it's just one quick light tap.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any screen protector that might be interfering with the touch input?

OP, my husband has an Otterbox Commander case for his S5. It has a thicker than your average screen protector and I find I have to press harder to open an app on his phone.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OP, my husband has an Otterbox Commander case for his S5. It has a thicker than your average screen protector and I find I have to press harder to open an app on his phone.

I am not using a screen protector at all.

Never have, and never damaged a screen.

the reason I don't is it changes the touch sensitivity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer