Emails always reload after opening

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why but the emails on my s5 always load and as I scroll down a bit it reloads and jumps back to top to get all the images. It's annoying. Any fix?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A different email app - there are lots of them. (And after years of using email - since before MS-DOS days - I still haven't found one written by someone else that does exactly what I want. I don't think it's possible - the best you can do is get close.)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that's because you're sent a message 'too long' or too 'heavy'. The app only downloads a portion of the e-mail and when you scroll down, it proceeds to download the rest of the message. However, you can change this. Buried in your e-mail app settings (look for the Sync settings) there should be a LIMIT RETRIEVAL SIZE option. The default, I believe, is 50KB (2KB while roaming). Change that to a higher value and voila!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad I could point you in the right direction. Just be careful with extra-long e-mails though (you know, those "Reply All" chains with 100 e-mails embedded in them), especially if you have a limited data plan.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to remember that by today's standards even 100kB is not that much. If it's just plain text then yeah, but if it's formatted text with an image as a signature, that can be larger.

In my case, as long as it's text, I don't seem to have too many issues with 50kB, but I do notice a few of my e-mails re-loading when I open them... It just didn't bother me, I guess.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to 1 mByte

I nearly always read email on WiFi so who cares.

The precious few times I look at email away from home is not enough to even worry about.

I have never had an email fail to open and stay open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech