Lockscreen Notifications on Lollipop?

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello AC forums,

I'm wondering if the GS5 has lock screen notifications on Lollipop with the fingerprint security option on? I am unable to do so now on KitKat, and am not sure if I am able to on KitKat with or without the fingerprint reader. I'd like to keep my phone locked to keep people from accessing it, but would like to be able to glance / see any emails or texts I receive without having to unlock and pulling down the notification bar every time.

Sorry, I came from an iPhone 4S before this, so I'm used to that.

Thankyou!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on lollipop yet, but I downloaded an app call NILS that shows notifications on the lockscreen. I use that app with a pin lock. I'm not sure if it works with the fingerprint scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on lollipop yet, but I downloaded an app call NILS that shows notifications on the lockscreen. I use that app with a pin lock. I'm not sure if it works with the fingerprint scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you! I'll check it out with a PIN or a pattern for a little to see if I like it or not.

Still wondering on Lollipop if anyone is running it!

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes one can get the lockscreen notifications, you just have to go to settings-->sound and notifications-->while locked click on it and then choose show all content, and then you will get lockscreen notific. no matter if you are using fingerprint or pattern :D

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes one can get the lockscreen notifications, you just have to go to settings-->sound and notifications-->while locked click on it and then choose show all content, and then you will get lockscreen notific. no matter if you are using fingerprint or pattern :D

Thank you!
Do you think me having a VZW S5 will make a difference?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5, please excuse the brevity.

Olala Olalala

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Folks, I have the same (the T-mobile on the top left side of the screen). But I've found the solution to get rid of it once and for all..

I've installed different locker to my Samsung S5 - and this time it was CM Locker, and I have to admit, that this is the best locker I've ever used. It's very light, though has the basic functionalities (weather, configurable notifications, etc).

madyb1948

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Thank you SO much! I was looking for how to get rid of the irritation and by your answer, it told me to go to that area, because I figured if that's how one turns it on, then there has to be something there to turn it off!! I liked my old KitKat before I stupidly accepted Lollipop 5.0.1 on my Galaxy S4. Thanks again!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos