S5 slow and sluggish on Lollipop?

anon(5518418)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue? I updated via Kies 2 weeks ago now, I am on O2 in the UK. When it updated it ran horrible so I said a factory reset should fix it, It did initially but its back to running rubbish again, a restart will fix it temporarily and I am talking for an hour or 2 here then back to sluggish again.

For example I press the home button the launcher redraws, I hit the call button to make a call it took 5 seconds after pressing the button before it started making the call. I have turned off animations and have minimal background apps but this makes no difference,

The entire phone is just horrible to use. If I am honest here it never ran all that great on 4.4.2 either, I think its bogged down to much with TW, My old Moto G was snappier.

andonisp

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I was ready to throw my phone in the bin. Vodafone also said to me I had to wait till the next patch was pushed. I was 2 mins from switching back to an Apple iphone until I read a post on deleting the cache partition by going into Android Safe mode. Worked like a dream. My lovely trusty S5 is back to its old self and with a lovely new interface. Thanks for nothing Vodafone... useless!:mad:

andonisp

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Short lived... gave it a day and now back to sluggish mode. GRRRRR. Better than before but still far from being the phone/OS it should have been.

NikosNx

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you still having such issues; I strongly believe that after a factory reset and setting the phone as new, all is fine. I ve been doing this on all smart phones I ever had and all was OK.
Even touchwiz lollipop launcher is faster than any other 3rd party that I ve tried including Nova. For sure and that's truth for my bro's s5 too.
Lollipop is great on the S5 except from one thing: the multitask view is somewhat slow to appear when tapping the left capacitive button.

Samsung is not that stupid to push that bad updates, android just needs some user attention and maintenance.

daveyc18

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
i ended up doing a factory reset ...glad i did...it's a lot faster now (even than before on kitkat) and it got rid of the damn "google play services error" after updating

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma