On my Galaxy S5, why am I getting random sounds while using the phone?

N4X

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5 : Random Sounds while using phone.

Sorry if in wrong section, I don't know where else to put it.

I have been having this annoyance where the phone would play a sound (it is like the sound the lockscreen makes when you set it to swipe to unlock). I hear the sound about every hour or so, but I am trying my best to figure out how to remove it.

So far I haven't did anything to stop this from happening, I'm looking for some answers to hopefully get rid of this.... I keep thinking that it is a notification, but I don't see one of them.

Anyone have any idea on how to make this stop?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 : Random Sounds while using phone.

Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen at the top of every hour? Does it happen when something with an NFC chip (like a credit card) comes near the phone?

N4X

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your reply.

It happens around every hour, but sometimes it's like 40 or 50 minutes. It doesn't happen when something with a NFC comes near it.

I have been searching for answers on Google and I see that a lot of the issues are solved by disabling notification sounds on Yahoo Mail. That is all I have found so far, but it doesn't help me since I don't have it installed. I do have Gmail Installed though.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You may have to go through all of your apps and check their settings menus, to see if there are any that are set to give notifications that you never wanted.

N4X

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

None of the apps say they give notifications, is there any app I can use to directly see the apps that sets to give the notifications?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not that I know of, but that'd be a good idea for an app to develop!:)

N4X

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Alright, so I have completely reset the phone but still hear the sounds at random times. It's really frustrating me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Must be something from the system or a preinstalled app. Could it be related to Air Gestures, or Smart Stay?

N4X

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I have disabled all of the preinstalled apps, I have been up all night trying to solve this.

The sounds still seem to be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1