Vibration Pattern Since Lollipop

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, 1st time poster and hoping for some help. Updated to Lollipop last night and frustratingly I am now getting the same vibration notification for everything where as before it was for example 2 shorts vibrates for texts, 1 long vibrate for emails etc. Because I use my phone mainly on vibrate I need this so I know what kind of alert I am getting in my poket. Is there any way to change this? Thanks in advance

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm just wondering why it has changed in lollipop and there is an option I'm missing so I don't need to avoid using 3rd party apps

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I notice sometimes with updates set ringer/notifications can sometimes act flaky. Even if it says what you want is set when you look at your settings, try going in and reselecting your vibration tone. That may be all there is to it. I'm not on Lollipop yet, but I have noticed that behaviour sometimes after other updates.

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well that's the funny thing, when I go into settings and adjust the notification intensity it vibrates twice like it always has but when I get an actual text message it's just one long vibration... aaaaah driving me nuts

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well that's the funny thing, when I go into settings and adjust the notification intensity it vibrates twice like it always has but when I get an actual text message it's just one long vibration... aaaaah driving me nuts

Have to tried adjusting the settings straight from your texting app? I use a 3rd party app and I have to go into the app itself to adjust my notification settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Yup tried that as well, unfortunately the only vibrate option is on or off. Must be something with the lollipop update, I just figured more people would have came across it

vauxhall

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've just upgraded yesterday (31 Jan 2015) and I'm having the same issues - there appears to be only one vibration pattern for all notifications. And a lack of 'silent' option. Also, if you use the volume button to go between sound and vibration alerts, it only changes the phone ringer, not other notifications. And no direct access via long press of the power key. All in all, a bit rubbish!

Also had battery issues just after upgrade. Had to do a factory reset. And then of course, none of the backups would work...

S5 on EE

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully this gets sorted in the next update. Iv noticed for Facebook notifications I am still getting the 2 short vibrations but everything else is just one long vibration

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also noticing this! I thought it was just me! I tried changing it but nothing is working. It must be a bug. If anyone finds a fix/workaround for this, please let us all know! BTW I am on Sprint. Just updated stock to Lollipop today.

Mohammed Patherya

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue with my HTC ONE M8 which came about after the update to Android 5.0. The issue is that my phone vibrates when notification come. Sounds normal isnt it. Well the real issue is that it keeps on vibrating ever 15-20 sec till the time I see the notification. It is really irritating. I have deleted all the third party apps which might be creating any issue, switched off the vibration mode as well as when I run my phone on the silent mode still it vibrates. Please help me with this issue

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I got my Lollipop update last week. I'm on Sprint and now I know what everyone is talking about. This is pretty annoying if you ask me.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yas, I did a factory reset and it still has a long vibrate for texts. :( on top of my phone answering calls on its own and when it connects their end is still ringing when my phone connected on its own. lol. Getting a new phone this week and hope this S5 doesn't do it!

NicPie

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy. :( I hope they fix this soon... but I have my doubts. From what I can tell, the two-tone vibration is totally gone from the list.

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
See I don't think you should HAVE to be forced to use 3rd party software just to re-enable a feature that USED to exist. This problem only happened with the 5.0 update.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Downgrade to Kit kat wasn't that hard. I did and I am happy.

Lollipoop...bringing you solutions to problems you don't have.

Posted via the Android Central App

medknight

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded to Lollipop for TMobile. Can't seem to change the vibration pattern either.

Does anyone have a 3rd party app recommendation to change this?

s800tar

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
So installed the latest upgrade last night but unfortunately this hasn't changed. When I go to vibration settings and change it it sounds as 2 short vibrates but when I get an actual notification it's just one long vibrate argh. Any solutions yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton