S5 with Lollipop: fully charged notifications. Can they be turned off?

Laus Sorensen

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't find a post about the topic - so I hope I am not double posting.

Since I upgraded to Lollipop the endless notifications are starting to annoy me. But mainly the "fully charged" notifications:

1: At night, when I am charging the phone, and even though I have turned off the sound, it makes a very noisy vibrating buzz when the battery is fully charged. And I wake up every time. Don't like!

2: When I drive, I use the phone for navigating - and it is in my Brodit holder/charger. Once it is fully charged, the "fully charged" notification comes on at the top of the screen. And stays on, blocking some of my screen.

Can these notifications be turned off? Most annoying is the vibration at night.

LiGhTFasT

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
i use tomtom in the car and the battery notification is so annoying!! Why do they put things like that in with no thought or way to disable it :(

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. The phose is rooted, so I'll have a look at Xposed Framework.
Thanks again!

You'll LOVE Xposed. I was able to:

• Get rid of the pointless headphone volume warning
  • Get rid of the annoying boot sound
  • Disable password unlock when connected to my home wifi or my car's bluetooth
  • Get rid of the camera shutter sound
  • Get rid of the also pointless power off confirmation
  • Customize the power off menu
  • Get rid of the carrier logo on the lock screen

If you want a list of the modules I used for any of those, let me know.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, same issues as OP. In addition, I notice that the phone vibrates when you put in on the charger, and when you take it off. Also, I use fingerprint unlock, and there is a short vibration everytime you unlock the phone. Annoying, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

mmark27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. This is such an annoyance. Subscribing to this thread if there's any hope found. I think the change is going to have to come from Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
what a pain this is...can't use apps because this notification covers the screen. Who was the genius that thought that was a good idea?

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Swiping it away works great normally but at night I use my phone docked as a clock on very dim screen. When it gets charged the banner at the top seems to light the room up. I really wish there would be a simple fix.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Either I didn't get the issue you guys are having, or I just don't have it.

I have a GS5 with Sprint, and I don't have that problem. Didn't have it before the update to Lollipop either.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Swiping it away works great normally but at night I use my phone docked as a clock on very dim screen. When it gets charged the banner at the top seems to light the room up. I really wish there would be a simple fix.

That's the same problem I'm having...go to bed to a dimmed clock and wake up with the room lit up with the charge complete notification.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't figured out a way to stop them, but you can swipe away the notification once it pops up.

Only in SOME cases. In others, nothing gets rid of it other than unplugging the charger. I have mine plugged into a dock in the car, and swiping does NOT get rid of the notification.

Dusty_on_Vly

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on my S5 running Lollipop 5.0, but what I have discovered is that if your lock screen is activated before you start charging, the "pop up" announcing a full charge doesn't appear. Yet running a program like Dock Clock, the lock screen isn't active, the "pop up" appears. On a Nexus 7 tablet (2012), NO problem. But its version of Lollipop is 5.02 and I never get the full charge "pop up" even with the actively running app like Dock Clock. Hopefully an update to a slightly different version of Lollipop will be on its way to solve this??

Laus Sorensen

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Dusty, does this mean that if I start my larm clock (I use "Sleep as Android" because I have the luxury of not having o awake at a very specific time), then turn on the lock screen - and THEN connect the phone to my charger - there's a chance that I won't have the notification?

Dusty_on_Vly

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Dusty, does this mean that if I start my larm clock (I use "Sleep as Android" because I have the luxury of not having o awake at a very specific time), then turn on the lock screen - and THEN connect the phone to my charger - there's a chance that I won't have the notification?

That is exactly what I've been able to do. Set my clock program, activate the lock screen and then plug in the charger. Of course you can't tell what time it is during the night, but at least you can charge your phone and have a wake up alarm go off as scheduled without that pop up. Oh, my carrier is Verizon, can't speak for other carriers.

greenlion

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here.. I am a big user of user of Dock Clock Plus and wireless charging via Tylt VU chargers at home and work. After the install of android 5.0, I am constantly annoyed by the “Batter fully charged” banner on the top, plus the vibration when it hits 100%. Really don’t want to root my phone but this is so annoying I would to get rid of it. Wish I would have stayed on 4.2. Does google really expect us to unplug the charger when the battery is full? It is simply unrealistic to expect the user to do such a thing; they need to find a solution where the user can keep the phone plugged in all the time, or at a minimum allow us to disable the message.