Galaxy S5 message Popup and Preview not showing after Lollipop update .

mik6641111

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys
So i did the Lollipop update yesterday on my Galaxy S5 and when i get a text message i no longer get a Preview on the lock screen or a popup once unlocked . I've checked on Messages/settings/Notifications that the Popup Display and Preview message are both checked . Also when i get a message and i push the power button there isn't an envelop symbol top left of the screen just the blue led thats flashes .

Your help on this would most appreciated Mik

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the S5 so I don't know what is and isn't normal, but if that's not normal on Lollipop (which changed a few things on the G3 for example, with which I am familiar), try a Cache Partition wipe.

djeviltwin

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I still get the notification in the status bar but no banner. I like the banner so I can quickly respond to texts. I've been through it all twice and can't figure it out. I just got the Lolipop update on Thursday night for my S5 from Sprint.
thanks,
~E

djeviltwin

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have all my notifications back. You can go to settings/applications/messaging (or access settings from the messaging app directly) go to notification and all the options are there including pop-ups and lights

mitsuevors

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I figured it out. You need to go to sounds and notifications. At the very bottom you need to select while locked. Then select show all content (other wise it will show you have a new message but not show the content of the message) one you select that you are good to go.
With the new jpdate and selecting these its going to show like wifi notification as well. Its dumb but theyll fix it. But for now just select that and youll have the preview back.

Taylor Benjamin

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
When I receive a text I can see a quick preview of the message like I should but when I click on the notification from the lock screen a faded grey square pops up below. Should there be something in that square? Is there more of a preview?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-06-16-34-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-06-16-34-20.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 23

qazi143

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I still cannot get the sender's message details. It only pops up saying Message but not the content of message and sender. Do I need to clear cache and wipe data. I recently upgraded my S4 to Lollipop.

Thanks

paulrj1

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue after update to lollipop, do below to fix it worked fine for me.

1. Open Messages application
2. On the main screen of the app, tap the 3dot icon and open Settings.
3. Open Notification settings
4. Under Preview Message settings, mark/unmark "Lock screen" and "Status bar" to enable/disable message preview

seenu212

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Remember to restart the Mobile once the below setting are made.
1) Open Message
2) Click on the list bar and go to settings.
3) Click Notification
4) Check Preview message.

Now restart the mobile.

crivitz500

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S4 after the Lollipop update. I would get a message on my lock screen showing "New Message" and nothing more, not who it was from or any of the content. I had preview enabled, I made messaging a priority, I enabled "show content" nothing worked. I needed to go to the Settings>More>Application Manager>All>Messaging and Clear Cache and Clear Data both. Then I restarted the phone and all is right in the world now! I get a preview of the message and I can see who it is from on the lock screen!!

jackm1249

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue after update to lollipop, do below to fix it worked fine for me.

1. Open Messages application
2. On the main screen of the app, tap the 3dot icon and open Settings.
3. Open Notification settings
4. Under Preview Message settings, mark/unmark "Lock screen" and "Status bar" to enable/disable message preview

Thank you. This has been bugging the heck out of me, and this worked. I had both checked already but I unchecked them, and closed it and opened and checked them again, and now works.

Edit: Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

Sean Bansavatar

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I have recently downloaded the Lollipop upgrade. Ever since i have been getting whatsapp preview messages on my main screen when my phone is unlocked. I don't see any settings to turn off the notification. I am not referring to the status bar, or in the scroll down menu. My phone will just be on the main home screen and I get messages showing at the top of my screen. How do i get this to stop? I looked at the notifications and sounds in the setting menu as well as the settings in the whatsapp application.

I have tried to use the application manager and unchecked notifications under the "force stop" button and that just stops all notifications as a whole. I just want a notification in my status bar. Can anyone help me with this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark