Data plan

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 bought at Verizon. I pay the bill monthly via AUTO PAY. I only have 500mg of data. Verizon has a special on Increasing the data to a 1 gigabyte of free data for prepaid users with AUTO PAY. How can you be on a prepaid plan with autopay? I want the 1gb of free data. Any suggestions on how to get them to change it?

Posted via the Android Central App

vjh425

May 8, 2014
Visit site
They don't need to change anything. They will simply withdraw the money from your account or charge your card at the beginning of each cycle. With prepaid, you prepay for the month whereas on a contract (postpaid) you are billed and pay at the end of the cycle.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I still don't understand. My contract is still active. My balance is paid monthly via AUTO PAY. The promo for the free 1gb should be available to me. I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 15 years. How does my account differ from a prepaid plan with autopay.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So from reading your original post if you aren't on a prepaid plan you won't get the extra data. It's exclusive to prepaid users only.

vjh425

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I still don't understand. My contract is still active. My balance is paid monthly via AUTO PAY. The promo for the free 1gb should be available to me. I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 15 years. How does my account differ from a prepaid plan with autopay.

You need to be out of your contract to switch to prepaid. There are no contracts with prepaid.