Lost S Notes after Smart Switch and update - can I do anything?

gina north

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello
I transferred all my data using Smart Switch a few weeks ago from my old Note 3 to my new S5 and S10.5. Everything seemed to go well except it wouldn't transfer the photo-albums - no great upset there but what has been a nightmare is that it seemed to transfer the S note files perfectly then I updated to the latest version on request and they all disappeared bar one (of course the one that wasnt important). They were automatically backed up to Samsung account but were gone from there too. it seems as if the new version has corrupted the old data. I had a virtual session with a samsung engineer and he didn't really help; just said they were lost most likely. Has anyone had the same? is there anything I can you? :'( Thank you

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was the only one. I updated from a Note 3 to the Note Edge and the same exact thing happened to me. I thought I had backed them up in multiple places but, it did not. So, I lost them all. Have you looked at Papyrus? I have a colleague that uses that instead of S Note and it seems to work well for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888