Group messaging Returning S5 active for IPhone

joallen001

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone explain how to Group message with iPhone users. I can send a group message two 2 iPhone users and they receive it but I never get their reply. I have had my galaxy for 8 days and I am going to return if I can't solve this. I really like this phone but I have to have group messaging. I have checked message settings under multimedia I have group messaging checked.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you've never had an iPhone, they have to each send you at least one text marked as SMS, so their iMessage app knows to not reply via iMessage (which will never get to an Android phone).

If you had an iPhone, you have to disconnect it from iMessage, because their replies are going to that phone. (Any Apple store can do that for you if you no longer have an iPhone.)

Apple knows about these little "problems" with iMessage and has been promising to fix them, but they also promised that they would never break any Mac app written according to their rules - and none of the apps written prior to Macs using x86 processors will work now, so I don't put too much faith in things Apple promises.

joallen001

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I did have the iPhone. This is my first time with something besides iPhone. I turned off I message on my old phone. I will try having them send it marked as Sms.
I get messages from iPhone users but I can not get group messages

joallen001

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok I just sent a group message to two iPhone users. They both responded with iMessage off. They both see each others but I never got the response. Stopped by att also and they had no clue how to fix it.

joallen001

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
So I am getting some responses now but they all come in as an individual text instead of the group. So I contacted samsung and the following is our conversation. Looks like there is no fix :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 8.18.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 8.18.37 PM.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith