How can I get my S5 to play music on my Kenwood KDC-U5468T car stereo via Bluetooth?

jaztaz

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
S5 Bluetooth connection with Kenwood KDC-U5468T drama.

G'day everybody.
I have an S5 that will connect/pair to the Kenwood car stereo via Bluetooth but I can only use the Call function. I can not play any music over the Kenwood car system via BT.
I have BT to some other vehicles & I get both Call & Music functions. The Music profile isn't showing in the BT Settings page either.
I had a read through some ideas here & tried them but I still can't fix the problem.
It is an SM-G900I with the 4.4.2 Android Version.
Any help or suggestions you could give me would be greaty appreciated.
Thanks.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: S5 Bluetooth connection with Kenwood KDC-U5468T drama.

Any chance the kenwood deck you're using only allows Bluetooth calling and not audio streaming? I have a kenwood deck in one of my vehicles and my S5 works great with both functions. I, using the KD-R80bt unit

Scott Brown11

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I had this exact problem when I switched to my new phone. To solve, I had to re-configure my Kenwood unit to control the phone.
Set receiver to Standby.
Select Menu->Setup->App Setup (may be another link in there) and set up bluetooth and select your phone.
This got me everything connected. I can now control music player over bluetooth, use Pandora, etc. direct from the receiver without touching the phone.
Good luck!