My phone has imported my Outlook global address book and it's causing problems on my S5

mhubbert

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I use the corporate enterprise Outlook 2007 on my computer. My S5 work phone has only synced my local address book until recently. Now it has brought in the global address book (which I don't even have on my computer version of Outlook) with more than 7,000 contacts. I can adjust the setting in Contacts so only my local addresses display. However, whenever I search for a contact to call or send a text message it goes to the global address book and crashes Contacts. It would be immensely time consuming to delete each individual contact that doesn't belong. Has anyone a clue to solve this? HELP!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
On your Sync settings for the Exchange account, is the SYNC CONTACTS option checked? If so, just uncheck it and that should stop the link to your corporate Address Book.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I have this option off (as in not syncing) but I can still look up contacts in the global directory as long as I'm online.

Jason Riechers

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the opposite issue... My S5 used to pull in my GAL contacts when I would do a search in the contacts, but since the lollipop update yesterday they don't show up. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I currently use Nine Folders for my company email, contacts, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude