Audio cuts out with video playback

Mikhail Tavernier

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I playback videos on my S5, with headphones on, the audio cuts out after a few minutes, but the video continue to play.

Like the volume automatically mutes itself randomly. And I would have to restart whatever media app I'm using and start over from where I left off. This only happens when I use headphones and I have tried several different ones. I usually use the in-ear samsung ones that came with the phone or my sony ones. Both are standard headphones. I don't have any wireless or bluetooth headphones. It never happens on loudspeaker.

It happens with media on my phone, sd card, whether I use WIFI, 4G , 3G or Flight Mode. It also happens when the phone is charging or using the battery.

I have done a soft reset, factory reset, and also removed every 3rd party media player app.

It doesn't happen when I play games or when I listen to music on the Music App.

Phone Model: SM G901F
Apps affected: MX Player, VLC Player, Soundcloud, Youtube, Video Player.

This has been annoying me for the past several weeks, I've had a Galaxy Ace, Ace 2 and Mini 2, and never had this problem before. My brother has an S5 Mini, and we have the same 32GB sd model, and he has no problems with his phone. So it's not the memory card. I watch a lot of movies and stream a lot of tv shows, when I'm home and when I commute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Help me Android forum, you're my only hope :'(