5.0 update on sprint

DryBear

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
So far so good - just updated maybe an hour ago. Had to re-login on my Google account (fortunately Authenticator was still working on the phone lol), and things are slowly starting to get back into shape. Running Nova Launcher - initially, some apps were missing, but are slowly returning. Figure it should be all good in a couple of hours as someone stated earlier. Also running Pebble without any issues.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Updated this morning, ran it hard all day today - no problems to speak of yet. Still have 47% of my battery left...
I'm pleased with the update :)

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in NC this morning. Wi-Fi calling is having issues for me, it will connect at times and seem OK, it's because my work Wi-Fi sucks. However, it's saying the address on the Wi-Fi is international, was this the problem you were having? I tried clearing the cache on both Wi-Fi Calling programs in the All Programs, still has the issue. Also, I noticed now Wi-Fi calling has 2 icons when it is disconnected, anyone else see 2? 1 is with a red line, the other is the old Kit Kat one with the ! through it. Once it connects I only have 1 icon.

Yes, I am having problems with WiFi calling which is a big problem at my home since I don't have Sprint service except through WiFi calling.
I get two two icons, the old one and the one with the red line through it. If I turn on GPS, the old icon goes away and the red line disappears from the new icon. Alternately, I can go to WiFi calling and reset the location of the WiFi with GPS on.

Seems to hold when I turn off GPS, but if I reboot, have to go through the GPS on/off cycle again.

I have no desire or intent to leave GPS on.

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have huge problem with my update it reset my phone by it self after the update. But otherwise i like the new keyboard update dailer n message app that it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not liking all the whiteness. Like the keyboard, settings menu. I miss the dark material design. Other than that everything is running smoothly. I haven't had to do a hard reset like some have had to do. The dialer is nice looking it looks more like google dialer but o believe it is still tw dialer.

Posted via Android Central App

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just got it in Michigan last night. Seems cool so far, haven't used a lot though. It is definitely very WHITE.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I factory reset my S5 mainly because I like to see how the setup process is on each version of android. I noticed that for the dropbox setup it said we get 50GB free for 2 years. I don't remember this when I got my phone last year and I certainly don't have 50GB for dropbox. I couldn't complete the setup because I have two factor authentication setup for dropbox so I couldn't see the SMS code.

Are we now suppose to get 50GB free on Dropbox?

nmccart

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
My alarms are working, but my screen has lots of white (a bit blaring).
Also, I'm going to have to figure out how Tasker works with the new version of "Silence" for my sleep profile.

Denny32

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Installed this morning on my S5 (Sprint). WiFi keeps dropping off and reconnecting. Anyone else having this problem. WiFi working fine on other devices.

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just updated mine to 5.0. And its stuck on an infinate restart loop. It keeps saying it needs to restart to finish activation. I reatart and then it will promt it again. Even if i hit later. Is anyone else having this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-06-12-28-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-06-12-28-11.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 64

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue with the heart rate sensor constantly on? Whenever I leave the screen on and place it back down in a table, or put my finger near the sensor it turns on the red light. The process is also using a lot of the cpu... Never used to happen before the update

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
You can't redeem it more than once on the same account. I got 50 GB free on my S3, and couldn't get it again on my S5.

I factory reset my S5 mainly because I like to see how the setup process is on each version of android. I noticed that for the dropbox setup it said we get 50GB free for 2 years. I don't remember this when I got my phone last year and I certainly don't have 50GB for dropbox. I couldn't complete the setup because I have two factor authentication setup for dropbox so I couldn't see the SMS code.

Are we now suppose to get 50GB free on Dropbox?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I know I am in the minority here, but I am not a huge fan of the whole card motif in general and specifically in the notification tray - because you need both an internal and an external border, fewer things fit on the screen, and I don't think that it looks good enough to justify the loss of space. The transparency looks neat but I preferred the dark motif. The animation for reaching the ends of lists (that huge bubble) looks cartoonish, and I preferred the previous more subtle animation. Battery life isn't great today but we'll see where it settles out, and overall things have been speedy with no obvious bugs yet.

I'm not liking all the whiteness. Like the keyboard, settings menu. I miss the dark material design. Other than that everything is running smoothly. I haven't had to do a hard reset like some have had to do. The dialer is nice looking it looks more like google dialer but o believe it is still tw dialer.

Posted via Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the update this morning around 6:30 a.m.. So far so good, I like the new material design and everything appears to be working properly. Things I've noticed so far, the OS doesn't appear to use as much memory as before. On Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 memory was using about 1.5mb to 1.6mb consistently now it's around 1.3mb. Also multi window no longer has the tab and only opens by pressing the back button or opening it from an app that has the multi window symbol. Of course there's the new notification panel and new look. I will report back after having more time with it.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge