5.0 update on sprint

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been liking the update so far, though the major problems for me, is that the alarm clock no longer goes off when the phone is on silent. Huge issue. Wife was late for work the other day. So now the phone must be on vibrate or volume for the alarm to work. Also I have notice clicking the task manager button is really lagy and unresponsive sometimes. Everything else, I really like the look and feel to it. I talked to the Sprint reps on the Sprint community and they stated they and Samsung were aware of some issues. So hopefully we see an update or a bump to like 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 in the near future.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I like the overall feel of lollipop when it's working, however I've noticed these problems. The notification tray sometimes lags. The phone gets hot periodically when I'm using it for longer than 5 minutes. The phone shut down and restart if I have, I guess too many apps that are taxing on it. Finally my battery seems to do very well when I'm not using the phone but when I actually use it it burns just as quick if not quicker than KitKat. I know I have a lot of apps, several accounts and a lot of things running on my phone simultaneously so I don't expect a 24 hour battery like some ppl report having but I do expect at least 10 hours, right now I'm getting about 6 to 8hrs. I'm convinced a patch is needed!

Posted via the Android Central App

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using 5.0 for about three days so far, and in general it's been a considerable improvement over Kitkat. Most notably, the spontaneous/random restarting of the phone has become much less frequent, though it does still happen once in awhile.

At the moment I'm running Lollipop in its stock unrooted state, but will probably root it one of these days.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I think I figured out my battery drain was from what appears to be an app I was using named desktop visualizer. It makes widgets and may have been draining my battery significantly along with facebook messenger. I've sense deleted all the widgets from desktop visualizer and uninstalled the app as well as blocked facebook messenger into hibernation. My battery seems to last much longer and the only reason it drained today is because I had 4 hours of on screen time where as before I'd have the same drain for 1 hour of on screen time. I've also had no restarts or lag since making these changes. Hopefully this is the permanent fix! I'll update after a few days.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
not bad considering how much I have pulling from the battery ( 5 email accounts, 2 Google accounts, Samsung account, Facebook, Instagram, twitter, vine, Bleacher Report etc...) 13 hrs with almost 4hrs screen time and and 5 1/2 hrs activities isn't terrible, and much better then it was the last few days before and after the update.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Attachments

• lh3.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh3.googleusercontent.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 21

The Kizard

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
speedblurr... My wifi calling app drawer and settings are gone too. And like you the app and wfc are found using app manager, but can only be force stopped. It's like the app is installed but not integrated into the OS properly. Does anyone know how to uninstall and re-install the app to get proper integration?

Last edited:

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update yesterday. Unplugged my phone this morning 4.5 hours ago, and I'm already down to 28% on my battery. GSam shows it being taken up almost entirely by "Kernel (Android OS)" 27.3% and "Android System" 24%, and another 15% by the screen (and I'm sure the white background on everything in 5.0 doesn't help with an AMOLED screen; haven't found skin options to change that yet).

Other odd thing, Chrome no longer seems to have tabs. Each page appears to be a separate instance in the App Switcher. Opening Chrome results in a strange "document://105" webpage not available message.

I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset, if I can avoid it.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Other odd thing, Chrome no longer seems to have tabs. Each page appears to be a separate instance in the App Switcher. Opening Chrome results in a strange "document://105" webpage not available message.

I have the same damn problem. I can't fix it either. document://103 or 521 or some other random damn number. I created a thread about this, but no one has been any help. I tried deleting all the settings, preferences, cache to no avail. Also, it appears that Chrome is now built-in to the load, because you CANNOT uninstall Chrome. You can however uninstall all the updates, which I did and then re-updated it to the latest version. It still did not help. I'm really pissed and getting tired of this.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update yesterday. Unplugged my phone this morning 4.5 hours ago, and I'm already down to 28% on my battery. GSam shows it being taken up almost entirely by "Kernel (Android OS)" 27.3% and "Android System" 24%, and another 15% by the screen (and I'm sure the white background on everything in 5.0 doesn't help with an AMOLED screen; haven't found skin options to change that yet).

I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset, if I can avoid it.

I had the same problem with battery even after a factory reset it was still pretty bad, I would get about 6 to 7 hours to a charge and would be down to like 10% battery with only 2hr max screen time. It was always Android system and Android kernel that we're major battery depleters but Android system contains alot of apps that you don't really realize are being included. I deleted facebook Messenger as well as Desktop Visualizer in a couple of other apps that I found no longer work on 5.0, rotation manager being one of them. Now I'm getting solid battery around 12 to 14 hours on average with up to 4 hours of screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same document://## issue, did a factory reset on Friday, still had the issue. Set my homepage to chrome://newtab/ now it always goes to that page when I open a new Chrome browser. That way I can see my recent pages and click them if I want them.

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same damn problem. I can't fix it either. document://103 or 521 or some other random damn number. I created a thread about this, but no one has been any help. I tried deleting all the settings, preferences, cache to no avail. Also, it appears that Chrome is now built-in to the load, because you CANNOT uninstall Chrome. You can however uninstall all the updates, which I did and then re-updated it to the latest version. It still did not help. I'm really pissed and getting tired of this.

Go into Chrome settings and you can choose to have new tabs show up as tabs inside of chrome (the way it was before lollipop) instead of each tab being treated as its own open app.

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Go into Chrome settings and you can choose to have new tabs show up as tabs inside of chrome (the way it was before lollipop) instead of each tab being treated as its own open app.
This has got to the the worst-titled Setting ever. "Merge tabs and apps" needs to be turned off to get the regular tabs back. Thanks for the tip, even if Google was "special-needs" in the way they implemented it.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. That is better... however that did not fix that stupid document:// error.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I just fixed Chrome. Make the change in Chrome settings just as jk175d suggested to set "Merge tabs and apps" to be off. Once you do that go back into Chrome and click on the number [1] for the tab switcher to make the tab pop out. Once you are on the tab picker screen on the upper - right there is another menu click the ... and select "Close all tabs".

Now kill Chrome from the task manager to make sure it isn't running and restart it. It now starts up on your homepage.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for nothing Google.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint. I have had a decent experience so far with the 5.0 "upgrade"...but the biggest isue for me is that they took away notifications from the lock screen and also took away the stock music apps ability to change tracks and start/pause music from the lock screen. I have not delved too far into it, but they are losing a lot of great little shortcuts with Lollipop. Not a good thing so far...functionality is ruined in quite a few aspects.

mnjeepmale

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not liking the update to lollipop. The battery doesn't last as long as when I had 4.4.4. I hate everything is white. Not liking the locked screen notifications. When I get a WhatsApp msg it appears on top of anything I have open rather then in the notification bar.
No led notifications if the phone is on silent.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
220701c69cb6b7baba9357ce6605ee90.jpg

I cant update, i deleted and moved alot of stuff i have 1.5 gb free on the device, how much more stuff do i have to delete?