5.0 Bluetooth Audio Issue?

anon(147178)

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

So, after updating to 5.0 I'm having bluetooth issues when connecting to my car's stereo. Prior to the update I would get a steady stream of audio and the HU would display the artist and track information. Post 5.0 update I'm having no artist/track info display and the audio is really choppy.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I've tried un-pairing/paring but I'm still receiving the same results.

Thanks!

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually experiencing the opposite. Before Lollipop, my Honda's display would stay stuck on the first track I'd listened to on Google Play Music. Now, it stays current and is far more responsive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

anon(147178)

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You didn't happen to change any specific options did you? After a reboot (to the phone and car head unit) the choppyness has went away, but I'm still not getting track info.

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The only things that changed for me was upgrading to 5.0 plus an update to Google Play Music.

anon(147178)

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've done some additional testing. My wife has a Moto X and playing a song over bluetooth with Google Play Music shows the song metadata on my car stereo just fine. I also put a mp3 file on my phone and played it over bluetooth through the stock S5 music app and the metadata displays. It seems to only be an issue with Google Play Music after the update. Hmmm.

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling GP Music and reinstalling from the Play Store. That might ensure you have the latest update.

Or, if you enable the phone to allow installation from "unknown sources" via the Security settings, you can install the latest APK file from this link

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...ion-drawer-back-button-notification-controls/

I've installed the APKs they've posted for months now, and I've never had any issues.

anon(147178)

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried the apk and had no luck. I did a factory reset last night and gave it another shot this morning and still not seeing track metadata pass over bluetooth.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
You didn't mention this although you may have done it. Did you try clearing all bluetooth devices that your car stereo has learned? On most stereos there is a place to have it forget all paired bluetooth devices. I've had issues in the past just doing a factory reset on a phone and not clearing my truck stereo memory. Just a thought.

xBladeDragonx

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me after T-Mobile released the 5.0 Lollipop yesterday. Before the update while on KitKat 4.4, my S5 paired with my car's bluetooth stereo without any issues and it displayed audio information on the dashboard. After updating to 5.0, the bluetooth still connects and works just fine, but the audio information is no longer displaying in my car. I tried doing a factory reset because in the past that fixed issues after a major OS update, but nothing. There were other minor bugs I found that didn't affect me too much, but still a minor annoyance. I'm currently in the process of downgrading back to 4.4 until the 5.0 firmware has ran its course of live release a bit more.

relabdallah

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Same exact problem here, I have a galaxy s5 and 2014 civic and they were working fine until I did the lollipop update through verizon. Song info from apps like pandora/spotify/iheartradio will not show up in my car anymore. I'm just waiting for an update :/

kengriest

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I have part of it figured out. After a LOT of trial and error, it seems that it's got to do with MirrorLink being enabled by default, and the problem only happens when the phone is connected to USB with Bluetooth on. Go into Settings -> MirrorLink and uncheck "Connect to vehicle via USB". My 2014 Honda Civic Si was having the stuttering problems with Spotify, so I gave up and started listening to my USB stick. When that started skipping tracks after 4-10 seconds continuously, I was fed up. Then when MirrorLink said it was connected and blanked my screen until I pulled the USB, I got suspicious.

I don't know what the interplay of all this stuff is, but #1 Thanks AT&T for enabling something as crippling as MirrorLink without asking or explaining #2 Song and artist information is gone and isn't fixed by disabling MirrorLink. I've read that Lollipop allegedly uses a new Bluetooth protocol, and maybe my 9 month old car is already outdated.

blone

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me after T-Mobile released the 5.0 Lollipop yesterday. Before the update while on KitKat 4.4, my S5 paired with my car's bluetooth stereo without any issues and it displayed audio information on the dashboard. After updating to 5.0, the bluetooth still connects and works just fine, but the audio information is no longer displaying in my car. I tried doing a factory reset because in the past that fixed issues after a major OS update, but nothing. There were other minor bugs I found that didn't affect me too much, but still a minor annoyance. I'm currently in the process of downgrading back to 4.4 until the 5.0 firmware has ran its course of live release a bit more.

Having the exact same issue with my Verizon GS5 on Lollipop 5.1. Contemplating going back to the previous version. My steering wheel controls no longer change the track either since the update

Air Lar

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey All,

So, after updating to 5.0 I'm having bluetooth issues when connecting to my car's stereo. Prior to the update I would get a steady stream of audio and the HU would display the artist and track information. Post 5.0 update I'm having no artist/track info display and the audio is really choppy.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I've tried un-pairing/paring but I'm still receiving the same results.

Thanks!

Have you tried disabling S-Health? Solved my skipping problem

Bigmouth2112

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been on the chat with Samsung all day today about bluetooth not showing track and artist information after the update. I've reset the bluetooth settings, done a soft reset, tried safe mode, even did a factory reset at their suggestion. They said I have exhausted all known solutions and would need to submit the phone to a physical examination.

They told me they haven't had one single official reported issue with the bluetooth connectivity. Has anyone reported this to Samsung besides me?

controlpav

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4 which previously streamed track data to my Pioneer car stereo. It still streams the music but not the data. The stereo displays "No Data Provided". This seems to coincide with updating Android to 5.0 on my phone. I'm now running 5.0.1
I've tried clearing all bluetooth connections on both devices but that didn't work.
I don't have MirrorLink installed (or at least I don't think I do).
I have not yet complained to Samsung but I will certainly give that a try.
Hopefully we can find a solution soon.
Paul

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital