TUTORIAL: Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 from 5.0 to 4.4 KitKat

Sweett Homer

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
helllo i flash with odin my samsung galaxy s5 i think flash is finished but my galaxy s5 is staying in samsung screen what to do help please

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    711.9 KB · Views: 12

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
And these three were the one's that I saw after the autoupdate to lollipop:

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7

CP:G900FXXU1BOB7

CSC:G900FOXA1BOB7

but they are now currently

AP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CSC - G900FXXU1ANE2

Those are indeed the stock Samsung firmwares for the U.K. unbranded, BTU, G900F.

Try downloading and flashing the latest OC7 firmware...

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4469118
Build date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:43:56 +0000
Product code BTU
PDA G900FXXU1BOC7
CSC G900FOXA1BOC7

after first doing a FULL Wipe and Factory Data Reset as described in #2.3 and #2.4 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. After flashing, take the time to check out the phone as per #2.5. Bear in mind that although 2G and 3G should be compatible with AT&T, the 4G/LTE, "may", not be as some U.S. carriers do not conform to the same bands as the international phone models. Try turning 4G/LTE off and just using it on 3G if you have problems. AT&T should be able to advise you of the compatabilty of the G900F on their 4G/LTE network.

anon(5518418)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I am on BOC7 when I try to downgrade I get an ext4 error. Why would this be? Seems to me something about modem or baseband can't be downgraded.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have a UK phone and its unbranded the the firmware you need is BTU
Full firmware List of currant past and presant are on
Firmware for Samsung SM-G900F - SamMobile
This is the only site i trust
if your unsure on your model its on a sticker behind the Battery
If you put the wrong firmware in eg for another country then the Modem can be a issues as that part of the firmware is wroung
I have seen people that have bought the S5 from a shop in the UK but they were no UK spec phones and failed to work
still as for Rolling back to 4.4 Kies will do this for you and it can also correct CSC codes

Ilene nope

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I am not one of the tech savvy people who understands everything about the firmware, software, the applications that run "secretly" in the background. It's all pretty mysterious to me. I wish someone could take the time to explain it all to me. Is there a way I can find someone to do that? I'd be willing to pay for their time and expertise! I've done research, watched tutorial videos, read message boards, and I still feel way out of my depth. I never felt the need to concern myself with any of this stuff BEFORE the horrendous Lollipop 5.0 "upgrade" but once I started experiencing that horrible battery drainage I tried to find any possible solution. In the process, I've been finding out just how much I really don't understand. Why are there so many things running in the background that I didn't open? When it comes to backing things up, I am confused because there are so many different ways, and different accounts (Samsung, Google, Cloud, etc.) and there isn't really ONE place that everything can be backed up to. It's so confusing.

I followed these instructions and was able to successfully downgrade my firmware to KitKat (I guess time will tell if my battery drainage issue is gone, now), and some of my backups worked and some didn't. I am confused as to why I am missing the last 2 weeks of my S Health data. I did a backup with Kies before I downgraded the firmware, and restored the data after the firmware downgrade was successful.

mikaela73

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried three times to downgrade my wife's AT&T S5. It keeps failing in Odin. Here is the log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900AUCU1ANCE_G900AATT1ANCE_G900AUCU1ANCE_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

spottedbat

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I didn't realize Lollipop would make my life such a disaster! I use Llama app so that my phone does everything i need it to do without me having to turn things on and off and it helps me run my business and generally function in my day to day activities. Lollipop ruined it all! It wouldnt work. My gear 2 smart watch wasnt working properly either. I did the steps and although it got hung up on the start screen in a boot loop i was able to go to the carrier and they got it out of that and KitKat was back! Even though hours were wasting dealing with this and i had to customize a lot of my phone settings again, it was worth having the downgrade to KitKat. Now if i can remember not to "Update System" ever again...

gug317

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So it's been 30 days since I downgraded and now the lollipop update notification is back with persistence. Anyone know a good way of getting rid of it?

Abdul Samad11

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I've had the Samsung s4 for a few days receiving and making call on the handset is hit and miss as to whether I can hear the call on speakerphone and normal, please help out

mavdoss

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried three times to downgrade my wife's AT&T S5. It keeps failing in Odin. Here is the log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900AUCU1ANCE_G900AATT1ANCE_G900AUCU1ANCE_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I have this exact same problem trying to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.4.2 firmware off of the official site. I have used multiple Odin versions, as well as two AT&T 4.4.2 md5 files. My phone is not rooted, I am trying to downgrade to 4.4.2 so I can root it.

Phone says:
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SM-G900A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE(CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A3, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 1

Odin says the exact same thing as yours.

Last edited:

accountx23

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I have this exact same problem trying to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.4.2 firmware off of the official site. I have used multiple Odin versions, as well as two AT&T 4.4.2 md5 files. My phone is not rooted, I am trying to downgrade to 4.4.2 so I can root it.

Phone says:
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SM-G900A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE(CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A3, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 1

Odin says the exact same thing as yours.

EXACT SAME PROBLEM as mikaela and mavdoss. And yes Odin is being ran as Admin, on Win8.1 x64. Registered to post this as I hope someone has a solution soon. In the meantime, 5.0 it is...

Cramer4918

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for making this Thread. I am having an issue with mine. I have the firmware loaded into Odin and my phone in Odin mode. The issue arrives when I plug my phone in. The computer tries to install a driver. It fails to install and nothing happens. Odin does not recognize my phone is plugged in. Anyone know what I've done wrong or what I need to do? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

J Curtis Clark

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
It's strange, it's almost like Android Lollipop wasn't fully installed UNTIL I cleared the partition and factory reset; because now a lot of things are different, not just the colors. Like the way messages work and how things move and transitions and stuff. I'm so glad I tried this before going back to 4.4.4.

I came here originally to learn how to roll back to 4.4.4, but I decided to try your approach first--what could it hurt? It worked exactly the way you described. Battery life is back, no more running hot, Endomondo no longer gets confused, and there are all these Lollipop features that I didn't see before (not that they're worth the headache, mind you). And the best part is that it won't keep bugging me to upgrade. Thanks!

DavidTechGuy

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for making this Thread. I am having an issue with mine. I have the firmware loaded into Odin and my phone in Odin mode. The issue arrives when I plug my phone in. The computer tries to install a driver. It fails to install and nothing happens. Odin does not recognize my phone is plugged in. Anyone know what I've done wrong or what I need to do? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Did you install the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones from the Samsung website? If not here's a link to it:

Technical Documentation | SAMSUNG Developers

Install that and all should be well.

Hope this helps. :)

dewaani

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
So if anyone has a response to Mikaela73 and Mavdoss and Accountx23, that would help me tremendously. I followed the instructions exactly as written and I got the same exact message as these people got. I even thought maybe the cable was preventing it and tried regular USB cable, but same thing happened. I have Blue Samsung SM-G900A with AT&T.

I'm very frustrated with Lollipop. Besides the ugliness and awful color schemes of the appearance, even my text messages aren't working well in Lollipop...it's looks on the phone like the next person is having a conversation with themselves because my texts can't be seen.

Help us to succeed in getting Kitkat like the rest of you. You have no idea how desperate I am...I am ready to find someone locally to figure this out ASAP so if you're in South Florida and can fix my poor phone to a happy Kitkat, let me know!!!!!