Lollipop and Business Calendar Pro - event location won't edit

Lucy Melford

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had been having some difficulty editing the 'location' on my upcoming events - I'd touch the 'save' button, the app would seem to respond correctly, but the change wouldn't stick. (Other edits, such as time or date, seemed to process properly)

Well, I think I may have found the answer. My calendar app is one I use all through the day, and so it's always on the new Lollipop app/website switcher carousel. Any app on that carousel is fixed in its last state. This must have consequences where are links with other apps - in this case Maps. The existing link stays intact until the app is truly closed.

Editing an event's location is therefore not possible unless Business Calendar is first closed, accomplished by simply removing it from the carousel. Then the event can be successfully updated. (Immediately afterwards, of course, the app is back on that carousel)

This may be a general problem/solution where the app/website switcher is concerned.

Lucy Melford

Lucy Melford

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm...forget what I said! The difficulty with editing the location has persisted. Damn.

If you read through my thread, I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I'm now guessing that the developers of Business Calendar have stopped fixing problems on the original app, and (not unreasonably) are concentrating on Business Calendar 2. If I am right, the original app will gradually develop further issues that won't be corrected. Sigh.

Lucy

Wayne Barnes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Lucy! Thank you - I am experiencing the exact same thing with Business Calendar Pro (I much prefer it to the changes they made to BC2). Your post is the only place I have found this exact problem mentioned. I tried it in BC2 last night, but had the same problem. Have you had any luck in finding a solution?

P. S. I saw reference somewhere to a general google sync problem with editing recurring events, although they didn't mention the location issue specifically. It may well be just a current google-level issue. Have you tried the stock calendar app to see if you have the same problem? (I don't like it either post-Lollipop, which is why I switched to BC).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze