After update my phones background in settings is white

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
After an update my background settings is white and other changes in messages etc. I want my phones background to be the black

Unfortunately, that is the characteristics of lollipop. You can change it but you have to root and install a custom ROM

Posted via the Android Central App

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Lollipop. :mad: :'( I was reading here somewhere in the forums that you can change the white background if you have a launcher installed. Someone suggested Nova Launcher....and there is a free version of it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
With a launcher you can change the background in your drawer but not in the settings, I'm afraid. :)

There are some reliable rumours about Google implementing a dark theme in next updates. We'll see.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I keep checking back here and on various Android news sites hoping someone's got legitimate news of updates/bug fixes for this.
Wondering if Lollipop's overuse of stark white and the constantly-fluctuating Auto-Brightness have something/anything to do with the dismal battery life ; mine is now utterly terrible and I made no setting changes after the Sprint OTA.
As I recall, white/very bright screens pull more power and can be a bit of a battery drain. And the on the brightness option, the irregular performance means that there could be sensor issues, another problematic piece of hardware altogether, or software bugs.
My phone is laggy and processors (prox? ambient light?) seem to churn in the background.
Whatever it is, I hope it's solved quickly by everyone's provider, and Google/the carriers (come on Sprint) push an update with dark themes ASAP. Because my eyes hurt!

Sent from my Sprint SM-G900P using Tapatalk
ETA: mentions of my provider, just to clarify which flavor of S5 I have 🍭

Shinabhil

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Its really hurting my eyes too.... so sorry I installed it - mind you as a novice I am not sure I had a choice... anyway, I dont think I can continue with it, I may have to revert to my old S3. I also notice I dont get any sound notification when a msg comes in and it no longer appears on the locked screen, even though I set it up to do both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca