Home button on my S5 and Google Now

acemcdill

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum.

On my galaxy S5 recently, over half of the time that I want to go home, and i hit the button, it just takes my to google now instead. Is there a way to change this setting?

Thanks

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It was happening to me after the 4.4.4 update on att. I just did a restart and it went back to only coming up when I long pressed the home button.

Posted via the Android Central App

kingkiller2

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Yw

Posted via the Android Central App

This has been happening to my phone (S5 Active) and a friend's phone (S5) for a few days now. Both AT&T, both recently received the 4.4.4 update. Restarting helped for a short period of time, maybe a day or two. Bumping this thread for visibility and hopefully a permanent fix, because we are both ready to run our phones over it's so annoying.

Jeff Peterson2

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Same issue, restarting makes it better temporarily. Agreed, very annoying. I like my home screen. Samsung should be able to afford testing before releasing.

bmerk

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
BUMP

Same thing happening to me....I disabled google now but it doesn't actually help. Now upon pressing the home button it just delays or stays on the page or app that is currently open. Hopefully someone will have an answer soon

huntsie

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
This has been happening to my phone (S5 Active) and a friend's phone (S5) for a few days now. Both AT&T, both recently received the 4.4.4 update. Restarting helped for a short period of time, maybe a day or two. Bumping this thread for visibility and hopefully a permanent fix, because we are both ready to run our phones over it's so annoying.

huntsie

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I joined today also to express my frustration. This is more than annoying. Please find us a solution we can do ourselves or get an update out to fix this problem!

rachelann4004

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Yep I'm having the same issue...I made an account just to reply and follow this thread.
I'm SO pissed off every time I try to use my phone now. You can disable the S-Voice double tap shortcut but can't disable the Google Now "Hold home button" shortcut - WHICH it goes to Google Now almost EVERY SINGLE time I hit the Home button, I never hold it :(