Where are the MTP setting on my Galaxy S5 5.0?

Renzzi

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Well it happens
But Solution is download Usb switcher app from google play and then activate MTP mod then restart.
Next time u connect the phone you will have pop up notification for MTP or Camera
U can Uninstall the app after U select MTP mode.....
Have a good time....

There's is nothing such ad USB switcher in google play, do you have another option??

Last edited by a moderator:

kmghg

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I tried typing that code on the dialer screen and nothing - what am I missing????? Verizon is the carrier. This is driving me nuts! Thanks!:-:-:-:-

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I tried typing that code on the dialer screen and nothing - what am I missing????? Verizon is the carrier. This is driving me nuts! Thanks!:-:-:-:-

Hello and welcome to Android Central kmghg!

Code *#0808# is disabled by some carriers on their minority variants. Verizon is one of those.

All I can suggest is that you uninstall Kies and/or Smart Switch from your PC. Reboot and download and install SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_ Phones.zip. (You will need to extract the file installer first). Then connect your phone using the OEM Samsung USB cable that came with your phone.See if that helps.

poozha

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I came to this thread as I was having same issue as you and going through all the recommendations and using a bit of my own knowledge, I think I've been able to crack it. Go to Settings>About phone and tap on 'build number' 7 times to activate the Developer Options. After this go back to the main settings menu and you'll find the the new 'Developer options' (appears above 'About phone' on my OPO). Find 'select USB configuration' and select MTP to activate it. Hope this helps! :)

URVISH GANDHI

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 5.0 MTP Issue

I tried uninstalling phone drivers from computer but when i reboot, it doesnot recognize any drivers from the phone when its connected. what should i do? i am even not getting connect as option in notification bar. for samsung s5.

Kevin Stickles

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
with the phone plugged into the PC, swipe down from the top of the screen. You should see a little USB symbol. It might say "Charging" Next to it.
Screenshot_2016-10-27-16-22-50[1].jpg
Tap that and a screen comes up that says "Use USB for" and you have a choice to use it for:
Charging
File Transfer
Photo Transfer
Software Installation
MIDI
Screenshot_2016-10-27-16-23-15[1].jpg
If you choose File Transfer your PC will recognize your phone as a storage device and you can then use file explorer to move your files or pictures as you choose just as if you were using a thumb drive.

beachbirdie

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Kevin Stickles, tried that and it doesn't recognize the stupid phone.
I am using original Samsung cable, have tried many of the solutions in this thread, can't get my laptop and phone to talk. I just got this S5 a couple of months ago, if I'd known it was going to be this much trouble I'd have gotten something else. In fact I'm ready to toss this one and go back to an S4. This is ridiculous.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried different cables? Cables can fail unexpectedly, so try a few others.

nopcbs2

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
I found that this only worked if you were connected to a PC via a USB cable when you did it. If you tried to do it w/o the connection present, even when you select the MTP option, it just goes back to USB charging when you close the Developer Options tool.

My problem came up, by the way, when I foolishly let a Verizon Windows app "upgrade" my Samsung G901 for me from Android 5.0 to 6.0 . I did it for no good reason. I guess Verizon turns off MTP during a "upgrade" for no good reason. Four hours of frustration followed.

This thread was a life-saver as my wife wanted her pics moved from the G901F she used in Europe to her US use G900V.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87