Backup with kies

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been reading on this newsgroup all about updating the lollipop for my samsung galaxy s5. I want to be prepared for any eventuality. I may need to do a factory reset. I have a backup. Do I need to back up the the smartphone in kies. I just want this to go as smooth as possible

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading on this newsgroup all about updating the lollipop for my samsung galaxy s5. I want to be prepared for any eventuality. I may need to do a factory reset. I have a backup. Do I need to back up the the smartphone in kies. I just want this to go as smooth as possible

Posted via the Android Central App
Kies will backup most everything you need. If you want to have apps reinstalled automatically, then go into your device settings for backup and restore and enable it. If you perform a reset and and log into your Google account, the apps will automatically reinstall.

TuTall

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop upgrade was pretty disastrous for my phone. Have had a bunch of issues e.g. never finding 4G, wifi switching off, unit overheating, battery draining even when charging, app updates continually freezing at the same percentage, SMS messages taking an eternity to send, etc, etc, etc.

1. Have pulled battery and cleared cache, with no joy so the next option seems to be factory reset. I "think" everything including apps has been backed up on my google account. Can I can check that on my laptop?

I had definitely backed up on Kies before I did the update and since then. However a new problem problem is that Kies doesn't recognise my phone when I plug it into my laptop. It connects to the computer as a media device and the phone name appears in the hardware connected to the laptop but in Kies it just spins round, sometimes offers me a camera upload. Have tried various cables and re-installing drivers but no joy and I do have the MTP check box ticked

2. I have spent a week trying other fixes and mainly keeping the phone in Ultra Power saving mode where it worked ok as phone and SMS machine, charging properly, etc. If I factory reset my phone now, I am concerned it will still not connect to Kies and I wont be able to restore it. Has anyone else had this problem? Did the restore go ok?

3. Wondering if I can actually go back to the last 4.4 backup file rather than the more recent 5.0 that I have although the consensus seems to be that the factory reset gets Lollipop running very smoothly. Any advice on that?

Apologies for length of questions. All help appreciated. Cheers.

TuTall

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
It is a miarcale. Phone seems to be working fine again wihout the factory reset although no noticeable improvement in speed since Kit Kat. It seemed to cure itself after I manually updated all my downloaded apps via the play store. I wasn't prompted to do this and had to do the ones which were sticky individually, instead of update all but I got there in the end.

It now operates smoothly and connects to Kies again.

Leaving this up in case anyone else searches for the same problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek