Galaxy S5 Connection Issues

Josh Salazar

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone

I recently got a Galaxy S5 with Verizon service. I switched over from an iPhone and REALLY don't want to switch back if I don't have to. So, I've been having connectivity issues with the phone. It was working fine for the first week I had it and was able to connect to the WiFi at work and browse the internet. However, about a week after I got the phone, I noticed the phone restarted while in my pocket (possibly not related). But when it turned back on, I have not been able to connect to the internet here at work. I've been able to connect to WiFi, but no internet. The WiFi and internet at home still works, though. Soon after that, I was sick and sent 3 emails, 4 texts and a voice mail to my boss and my bosses boss letting them know I wouldn't be in. They didn't get ANY of the messages. So I had to get up, get dressed and go to work just to tell them I wouldn't be coming in. About a week and half later my boss finally gets one of the texts I sent out that morning.

Since then, I've done a factory reset on my phone. However, I still cannot connect to the WiFi at work. As far as I know, I'm the only one that can't connect. Other people have Android phones (One has an S5) and no one is having issues like me. On top of this, some texts still get lost and don't send for a few days after.

So what have I tried to do to fix this?
  • Factory Reset
  • Cleared all memory cache
  • Manually entered Google DNS server for connection
  • Pulled battery and drained capacitors
  • "Forgot" WiFi credentials and reconnected

So, I'm at a loss for what to do. In summary, I'd like to alleviate my connection issues with both the WiFi here at work and the delay of messages over the Verizon network. I don't think the Verizon network itself is the source of the issues, but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Frustrating. Looks like you've already tried a bunch of things I would have suggested. Since the phone is pretty new, you may just want to bring it to your Verizon store, explain the problem, and request an exchange. Let them try a few things to fix it, but if it doesn't work, then they really ought to give you a replacement.

Josh Salazar

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I think this is going to be my next step. I'm not sure what else could be done at this point but it was worth a shot to ask and see if anyone had anything to offer. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair