Happy with lollipop on Verizon S5?

How do you like Lollipop on your Verizon S5

• Total voters

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you happy with the upgrade to Lollipop on your Verizon S5? I have encountered a host of issues (as have others based on the blow-up on the forums here and VZW). I have (after hard reset):
  • Battery Drain
  • Poor BT
  • Trouble making and answering calls
  • Poor call quality (not using voLTE)
  • Running hotter
  • Lag
  • Did I mention Lag

Please vote in the poll.

One other issue I have now encounter 3 times - In a call ALL call controls go away. The only way to disconnect from the call is to reboot the phone. Has anyone else see that one?

Last edited:

awrnsmn

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Yep, after a factory reset I still have all the issues you listed. So far I'm VERY disappointed with this update. Hopefully there is a bug fix coming soon.

Sent from my Samsung GS5

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
For the first time after updating I don't have any issues. There is no lag (had none before either), battery life is the same as it was on KK (lasts about 12 hours, but a have a spare and swap it out if I go out in the evening), phone quality is the same, Bluetooth works just fine (used sBeam to receive a video and it went smooth)... What else? Screen doesn't stay lit when plugged in and receiving notifications as some have complained. I'm happy with the update for once.
Right after getting the update, I had some issues with the battery meter but that seemed to fix itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Very happy. Battery life is so much better than on KK. Performance is snappier too. Love the lock screen notification!

Posted via the Android Central App

sartick

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I and everyone else must be missing something. Some Verizon customers are extremely pleased after installing Lollipop and not experiencing overheating, battery drain, lagging and the other issues that the vast majority of people are reporting after they updated their phones.Since this is a Galaxy S5 forum and everyone downloaded/installed the same identical software updates from Verizon, I cannot understand how the results can be so varied.

Clearing the phone's cache and doing a factory reset are things which seem to improve some phone's performance but doing those things should not be a requirement for any update nor does it seem to be something that those people who had good results had to do after they updated.

Clearly there are one or more variables that are causing some users to be happy with Lollipop while making others feel like they should have never updated. I hope that there are not certain apps which are causing the problem but to pinpoint which one(s) they are would be impossible with such a wide user base and so many apps to consider.

Until this mess gets straightened out, I will remain on KitKat....!

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Good points Sartick. I really wanted to stick with Lollipop. The battery did get better after a full reset and rebuild, but the last straw was how unstable it made the phone. I actually use my phone to make calls quite a bit. I had about 4-5 instanced where, due to lag, I could not answer a call. Then the final nail in the coffin was the third instance of not being able to end the call without a reboot.. Perhaps 5.01 will drop soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante