Need some backup\restore advice before factory reset

wellsmanfu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm giving in and doing a factory reset so that I can get my Galaxy S5 to work smoothly again. I also want to get my good battery life back.

I know how to go a factory reset and how to restore my info, but it's been a while and I'm wondering if they're are newer, better ways to back up and restore than just the normal way.

The last 2+ years I was a rep for LG and never took the time to personalize a device because I was switching devices several times a year. Once I left that job I decided to try something different, so I got the Galaxy S5. This is the first phone I've had for longer than 3 months in a long time and the first one I've actually put any effort into making my own.

Posted via Android Central App

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are logged in to Gmail and Google Search and Google+; normally everything will be backed up as long as you set it up this way.

Go to settings find backup and restore, choose google and then check to make sure everything is checked if they are not.

If you have Verizon Cloud I use it to backup my call logs and SMS, MMS messages.
anothree way to check is through the web, go to Gmail.com and check your address and Calendar to see if they are populated, then go to plus.google.com and look for pictures and you will see your pictures there.

I wouldn't worry about the Samsung account unless you bought anything from them instead of the Play Store, etc..

Go to the play store and make sure the option to automatically update apps is unchecked, this will make it easier for the phone to come back., Then make sure you are connected to WIFI and then have it update app automatically of you wish.

When the phone the phone comes backup the first page will ask you for language preference, the next screen will check and make sure your SIM is activated. then from there, just follow prompts, worry only about signing in to Google, later you can sign on to Samsung and other Email services if you have any.

As soon as you can get the notification window up go to it, go to settings then WIFI and connect to your WIFI. otherwise you will use up lots of DATA. you can use up 3 or 4 GB just restoring apps.

Have a Happy reset.... LOL.