How do I reset my homepage for Google Chrome?

Steve Allen1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
How to reset my homepage for Google Chrome

I have a Galaxy S5 Sprint, recently updated to Android 5.0. I used to have my homepage with Chrome set to PCQ&A and found that it is now set to: Vision: Sprint. I've looked under the help section in Chrome, but there instructions to change my homepage don't show the same settings that I have on my phone. What Chrome shows me is to go to "Settings, under Appearance check the box "Show Home Page' button, click change, On my phone I have 3 vertical dots and I select Settings, then there is "Home Page (off or on), click on that there is a box for default and I click the large dot at the top of the screen for on or off and the url is showing: sprint.com.
How do I change that?

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to reset my homepage for Google Chrome

Are you sure you're using Chrome, rather than the stock Internet browser? On all of the Android devices I've used, Chrome doesn't have a homepage feature. Opening a new tab brings up the main Google page with recently visited sites listed at the bottom. But there's no Home button, and no way to set a homepage. I can't imagine that the S5 would have some proprietary version of Chrome that has these features, but I could be wrong.

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

On my S5 with Sprint using Chrome if you go to the settings by clicking the 3 dots on the top right there is an option to select any url you want for a home page.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Although it still mystifies me. Why would Chrome only have that option for a specific phone?

SaVvvV

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
This reply is a bit late in the game but there IS a way to set a default home page for Chrome mobile, but only if your Chrome version has the Home button in the browser bar. Some versions/ devices DO have it and others don’t.

To set a default Home page, go into Settings and tap “Home Page (“On” or “Off”)” and then tap on “Open this page” and you can edit the URL for the page you want set as your Home page, and then hit “Save” of course.

That's it--easy but not obvious.

Freddyb123

May 11, 2015
Visit site

I just deleted chrome and redownloaded it from the playstore and it no longer had the sprint homepage.