Why won't ultra saving mode turn off?

Sini Wick

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Had the same issue. Tried all the methods that were available on the internet, nothing worked. I only had Phone, Messages and Internet available on my UPSM screen when I had this issue. Like suggested by other users, I downloaded Nova Launcher apk throught "Internet" browser and installed it, then tried everything else....Not resolved. But I realised that having the option to install apk like Nova definitely opened up few more options......However the following method helped me resolve this nasty issue:

1. With UPSM screen, I did hard reset (Power + Volume Down),

2. Then download Google Now Launcher via the only browser app I had available (I was damn lucky I guess): The "Internet" app ( download it from https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/16746/)

3. Install Google Now Launcher the same way you install Nova Launcher. Then on my UPSM screen, I tried to disable UPSM mode. Then while its showing "Disabling UPSM....bla bla" I carried out a hard reset again.

4. When the phone started back up, I had the option to pick between, Nova Launcher, and Google Now launcher. If you dont have the option, keep repeating steps 1 to 3 (dont give up.....I would have done this more than 50 times in different order to figure this out!). I chose Google Now Launcher and performed a hard reset again.

5. When the start up was complete, Google Now launcher loaded with all of its standard icons (Apps, Google Search,...etc.) but when I checked the Settings, the options were still very limited. But then I went into "Apps" and tapped on "three dots" (or dot dot dot on top right corner) and chose "App Manager (or maybe its called Manage Apps)". If you dont have Google now launcher loaded, please steps 1 to 4 again.

6. This I found to be the most important step (some users have already mentioned it). Find the two culprits from your Manage Apps list called - EmergencyManagerService and EmergencyProvider. Force Stop both these apps and Disable EmergencyProvider.

7. Carried out two hard resets one after the other.

8. And I had Google Now Launcher loaded fully but still in black and white. Then on my home screen when I help the power button, I noticed the normal options (Restart, Shutdown...eta..) another option - Emergency mode "On". So I tapped on that and a message appeared "Device is being configured..please wait".

9. Carried out another hard reset.

10. At start up Google Now Launcher loaded with colour and all back to normal. Then I went into the settings in Google Now Launcher and changed default launch settings back to Touchwiz which I had originally before I had this issue. Everything was back to normal. If this last step did not work, try steps 8 and 9 again.

After spending over 5 hours, this was the only method that worked for me. After all this the most important thing to understand is that the two system apps (EmergencyManagerService and EmergencyProvider) were blocking anything else from loading therefore restricting features of other apps that are already installed. This is why you install a different Launcher (like Google Now) to gain access to manipulate the status of these two system apps. Once they are killed off and carry out few hard-resets, you can definitely avoid a factory reset.

Hope this helps and save a good soul a lot of heartache...... : )

Nikita Robert

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I found a solution that worked on my Note 5. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future that has their phone get stuck in UPSM.
Click on the app drawer, drag the Google app up to the top of the screen where it says "app info", click on "More" at the top right, uninstall updates. Once I did this, it took me back to the UPSM screen and I could then turn it off. You will have to reset your Google Now Launcher, but that is better than doing a factory reset.

I dont have any google app except internet. So idk how to di this. A little help herr

Last edited by a moderator:

heisnhyira

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
After trying all the methods I went to apps then to the Power management app
Open App Data or App storage
Cleared app data
cleared app cache

I tried all the above options but non worked.
I tried this and it worked for me. I turned UPSM on and off and everything is fine. I restarted my phone to be sure everything is fine and there is no problem.

lfom

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I had a huge problem with activating Ultra Power Saving Mode on a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and this thread helped, but I would like to add some info...

I had activated UPSM on my phone but I could not go back to normal. The problem was that EmergencyLauncher.apk was disabled using a packager manager, and this is the only way to go back form UPSM or Emergency Mode without any consequences. So do not mess up with it, let the system manage the app and do not freeze/uninstall it or you will be locked in either UPS or Emergency Mode. The app is listed as only "Launcher", same icon as TouchWizHome.apk/TouchWiz Launcher (I am running stock Android 6.0).

But if you are already locked in one of them, do not clear data of EmergencyProvider and EmergencyManagerService! These apps have the data of the old settings and what apps were activated before entering UPS/Emergency mode. If you clear the data you can get back to normal mode, but most apps will be disabled and you will lose many system configuration settings!

So the best way to leave this trap is simply force close EmergencyProvider and EmergencyManagerService in the settings (there are some ways listed in the thread where you can use another app or install a new launcher to go into App Settings, any will work). Do not clear data, only close both apps. Then you should see an option the Shutdown menu (hold the power button while the screen is unlocked) to disable Emergency Mode. When you restart, you should be able to disable UPSM and/or change launchers again. If you still can't, try booting in Safe Mode after closing both apps.

Regards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone is on ultra power saving and I forgot my pin code to open my phone plz help asap it's very urgent

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? If you fail the unlock enough times, does it prompt you for your Google account/password? If it's a Samsung phone, you could try using Find My Mobile to remotely change the PIN: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

darsh bhanushali

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I turned the Ultra Power Saving Mode and after sending a few text messages locking and unlocking the phone it froze for a moment so I restarted the phone. Now It shows me the normal home screen and I can access my apps page but everything is turned off and I cannot turn Ultra Saving Mode off. I tried manually turning it off, restarting it, taking the battery off and putting it back on. Anyone seen this that can help me figure this out?

P.S. I also performed the soft reset using the Volume Up/Power/Home method and when I click to clear the partition it gives me an error.

Julio Elgueta

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
I found a solution that worked on my Note 5. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future that has their phone get stuck in UPSM.
Click on the app drawer, drag the Google app up to the top of the screen where it says "app info", click on "More" at the top right, uninstall updates. Once I did this, it took me back to the UPSM screen and I could then turn it off. You will have to reset your Google Now Launcher, but that is better than doing a factory reset.

I love you!!! your solution was the only one that worked This is a great trick, I almost thought that I would have to erease all my data and create a Factory Reset

Muhembi Frince

Jun 8, 2019
Visit site
My phone is stuck on the ultra power saving mode ...i cant disable it all the apps are visible on the screen but i cant access them please help me out ...i have tried all the solutions given none of them is working any help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey