TMO Lollipop update!

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Downloading as we speak OTA. Go hit that check for updates button if you're on Tmobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's 5.0 of those wondering. Will report with feedback later on today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-18-09-00-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-18-09-00-10.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 132
Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed the Lollipop update on my S5. The update process could not have been smoother. Additionally, my home screens, folders, and all icons including their location were not touched. I immediately noticed a faster, smoother response from my 9-month old S5.

So far, so wow.

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and Installed Lollipop on yesterday from OTA. Upgrade process was very smooth. Web browsers are slower, certain apps that were installed from Play Store not functional. As of today, phone keeps rebooting and updating something called "New Registration ".

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I saw the page on the Android Central home page. I updated and it took a lot of battery. From 75% to 30%. There was some Samsung update prior. I don't use WiFi and so it did have to do that first. It did charge fast. I unplugged it at 39% and watched part of a tv show at lunch (it was on my internal memory that I had downloaded yesterday from Google Play). Charged back up to 75% in less then an hour and that's just a regular USB charger.

One thing I'm missing is when I take my phone off sleep mode, it doesn't show the notifications in the upper left hand corner. Now it just says TMobile. Anyway to fix that? I don't want to have to unlock my phone to see if I have an e-mail. And I don't want them on my lock screen for everyone to see when I do wake up my phone. Ideas? I'll look more but haven't found the answer yet.
ETA: Just found it here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ication-icons-lollipop-5-0-locked-screen.html

Sent an e-mail from Outlook app and it seemed fast as usual. Opera browser was the same, not fast but not slow. I don't like that Chrome doesn't have the same tab viewing as before. I had several open and could see them in Chrome. Now I have to press the left window button and it shows ALL the active apps I have open on my phone. The update said it was on the right side, but I knew that was wrong, that's the back button (tried it anyway). Chrome not much faster or slower.

Overall it does seem a little faster closing apps at least, fingerprint scanner seems to work better and not too bad.

lilbit8

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I completed the update today and for the past 10 hours my phone has been saying "update contact list" has anyone else had this problem?

elvyb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Updated my wife T mobile S5 last night. After the update I cleared the phones cach. Did a battery pull while phone was on. She has had no issues.

Zumanity

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
So I updated to 5.0 and I noticed on my S5 some issues with the windowed s5 flip cover from Samsung. For example it does not go to the S-View (Windowed) when I close the cover, it just shows what screen I was looking at when the phone was open.

Also in Spotify (or any other music app) when I closed the cover it would have a Play and Rev/Forward button on the S-Window View, now it does nothing.

I noticed however if I shut off the screen and go to my lock screen, the controls are there instead, but I have to open the cover to get there.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Tom Westphal

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I was getting notifications that google play needed updating, and when I'd open the browser (chrome) it would shut down only to have the notification pop back up. It seems to have quit in last last 10 minutes, but it was doing the same thing all morning.

Tom Westphal

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Found this and tried it, we'll see:

If you download apps and applications for your Android Lollipop smartphone from the Google Play Store, it can happen that an error is displayed on your screen. This error may already appear when you open the Google Play store, but also while trying to download and install an app.

The error codes that are displayed on this screen, ranging from "Error920" to "[rpc: s-5: aec-0]" or to the "Error Code401". In all of these error messages that occur within the Google Play store on the Android Lollipop smartphone, there are different solutions. In most cases, there is one solution which solves the error on your Android Lollipop smartphone.We will now explain how to solve general problems with the Google Play Store for Android Lollipop smartphones:

To fix common problems in Google Play Store open from the Homescreen of the Android Lollipop smartphone the App Menu and then go to the settingsof Android. In this tap now on the "Application Manager" button. If the application manager opens, go to the tab "All" and look for "Google Play Store". Have you found the entry, tap on it to open the app information in this system application.
Tap in the following order on the buttons in the app-info to repair or fix the Google Play Store bug.

- Force Stop
- Clear data
- Clear cache
- Uninstall Updates

Do you have tapped all the buttons in the app info of the Google Play store by the above order, restart the Android Lollipop smartphone. For that press once long on the power on/ off button until a small menu appears where you can select "Restart".

After the Lollipop Android smartphone is restarted and the Android system is ready loaded open the Google Play Store and carry out the action by which the error was caused previously. The error should not occur anymore and the Google Play Store on the Android Lollipop smartphone can be used as usual for downloading apps and applications.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was getting notifications that google play needed updating, and when I'd open the browser (chrome) it would shut down only to have the notification pop back up. It seems to have quit in last last 10 minutes, but it was doing the same thing all morning.

Mine was coming up, but stopped after a few days. I wonder if a battery pull did the trick. I'm not sure. I had to do one battery pull since the update. But I've done a few before.

Posted via Android Central App

Ariane Hiltebrand

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Since the lollipop 5.0 update on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (t-mobile) a week ago, I have big issues with battery life and charging. I used to be able to use my phone all day for texting, emailing and calling and the power just went from 100% to 70%. Now the power goes away so fast, I have to bring a charging cable with me to the office and then I have charging troubles. The phone charges only sporadically. Very often, when it looks like it's charging the power percentage actually goes down. It does manage to charge eventually at least once a day, but it's a big headache. Do I need to buy an extra battery with separate charger or is the next update going to fix this problem?
Also, as another person was saying, I get pop ups with contact errors.

Last edited:

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya! I stream audio at night to sleep and I used to be able to stream all night, wake up w the battery around 80% if not higher. Now I've got to plug it in and risk overcharge so it doesn't die and my alarm doesn't go off the next AM! Also the contacts thing. 5.1 better fix this. I've read that clearing your cache partition helps (hold power button, vol up and home key to get to the menu then use vol key to scroll down, for those who don't know) and that a factory reset will fix things. I really feel idiotic, but I'm uncertain how exactly to restore my app data on my SD - does the backup/restore feature work for that too? I guess I shoulda posted another thread, but I AM really mad about the battery drain!!

Posted via my SGS5 from the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey