"Unfortunately _________ has stopped working""" - After upgrading to Lollipop

fdawg

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my S5 on Vodafone (UK) to Lollipop a couple of weeks ago. I then started getting random "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped working" notifications. This has now progressed to getiing "Unfortunately, Car Mode has stopped working" even though I don't use Car Mode, "Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped working" and still getting the contacts one. Sometimes I hardly get any, other times its every few minutes when I am using my phone.

Having searched here and other forums it seems the only way to fix this is by a factory reset which obviously is an arse to do as I need to back up the hundreds of pics etc I have on my phone ( I am lazy and haven't backed anything up for ages!).

Exactly the same thing is happening to my housemate who has an S5 and upgraded to 5.0 as well.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? And is the only way to fix it with Factory reset?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately _________ has stopped working""" - After upgrading to Lollipop

Try clearing the cache partition on your phone. I did get the contacts has stopped working message but have not seem it since I cleared the cache partition.

Posted via the Android Central App

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately _________ has stopped working""" - After upgrading to Lollipop

Reboot to safe mode. If it doesn't show the "Unfortunately.." then it's one of your downloaded app.

If it still pops up, then you might try to backup and factory reset.

If it still does it after factory reset, you will have to reflash your firmware using your PC and ODIN. Just make sure you use the right provider, device model, build number for your firmware. Or visit your provider for a reflash or new sim card.

Good luck!

Old rocker on Tapatalk

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Same thing for me. Mostly the contacts issue happening several times a day. I already did a factory reset after lollipop update to fix battery drain problem, so going to wait it out a bit before trying another one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20