Urgent help needed with my s5

Tina Wrend

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hiya all I'm from the UK so I hope you can help me as I'm desperately needing help on this I've searched and searched and can't find anything to help me anywhere 😭
Anyhow here goes!
I got my samsung Galaxy s5 back on November in my contract upgrade
It came with kitkat installed which I was already used to as my s4 has it in it too
Now
Yesterday it pestered me for an update so I let it do it only to be horrified when it did as now some of my apps and other things either no longer work or are greyed out 😳
Yes it's upgraded to the horrable lollypop 5.0
I've read in here on how to get it back to kitkat 4.4.2 but I'm going to have to ask my son to try and do this for me as I'm not to great with these kies ect stuff
When it updated to lollypop my installed security kapersky which I got the full version free off my bank as I use my phone for online banking ect
I clicked it to open it and all I got was a small spinning circle with the words starting kaparskey mobile security and that's all it would do?
I tried turning the phone off and back on NOPE still same
I tried deleting cache NOPE still same
I searched and searched for anything on it and nothing was to be found
I tried to remove the app and it told me I had to first go into the app and go to settings to remove it
I went into the phone settings/security/device administrators/personal and un ticked it in there the screen went black and a stupid pin came up on my lock screen and I can't get it back to swipe which is how it's always been
I've had to remove kaparskey alltogether as even when I reinstalled it it still wouldn't let me back in!
So I've instead given lookout which I have the full version free with clonfone off orange device administration
But I still can't get this annoying pin off my lock screen!!!!!
I go to settings/security/encryption device/set screen lock type/put the pin in I origionally used for kapasky in and the the following list appears
Swipe : disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage
Pattern : disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage
PIN : disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage
Password : High Security
Fingerprint : says nothing
None : disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage
So the only two allowed are the annoying password or possably even more annoying fingerprint!
In advanced settings in security trust agents smart lock (Google) is off I haven't messed with it incase it makes my phone worse
So anybody any ideas how to get this annoying pin off my lock screen and put it back to swipe?
I suffer Arthritus in my hands and this stupid pin is hard to put in all the time I want to use my phone
Also since the lollypop update the sound on my phone for calls incoming is more quieter than on kitkat
I suffer hearing loss due to tinnitus so now I sometimes can't hear my phone if I get a txt or a call as it's so low
Come back kitkat all is forgiven 😭 I wish I'd NEVER done this useless update now!

Tina Wrend

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've managed to finally get the lock screen back to swipe
Apparently I was going into it through the wrong area
It's settings/lock screen/screen lock/swipe
Now I just need the sound sorted lol till I dare do a down-grade back to kitkat 4.4.2

Last edited: